The Chunnin Exams Begin

Today was the big day. All three rookie genin teams, as well as Team Guy, got selected to take part in the Chunnin Exams which wasn't a big surprise. I have seen all these teams take on several missions and I for one have complete fate in them all. Currently, as of now Kurenai, Kakashi, Asuma, Guy, and I were all standing outside of room 301 waiting for our team to pass through those doors.
     'Which team will pass by first?...'

     As the minuted ticked by soon the light sound of footsteps echoed around the long hallway indicating that one team was finally making their way to the testing room. Ones the figures rounded the corner it was Team 10 that came into view. Turning my gaze up towards Asuma I saw his lips curl into a satisfied smile before he made his way towards them. I stayed put to give them a little Team 10 moment. Once his pep talk was over Shikamaru, Choji, and Ino made their way towards me where I took them all into a group hug.

     "I'm so proud of you all," I gushed out while in the bone-crushing hug. "Go in there and remember to do your best!"

     "Thank you Shizuka," Ino began as she spoke for her teammates, "we will!"

     Ones I released them from my hug I gave them one last gesture of encouragement which was a small but genuine smile. After they all returned the smile they all began making their way into the testing room. As Shikamaru passed by me a gently placed my hand on his shoulder giving it a light squeeze.
     'Good luck Shikamaru...'

     Seeing as I had and wanted to stay here to bid every team good luck, Asuma decided to wait for another team to show up so he wouldn't be alone in the lounge room. To his luck, it was Kurenai's team that ended up appearing next. Ones again I let Kurenai go up to her team first and then gave them my small words of encouragement before they stepped into the room. The only difference this time was that I only successfully hugged Hinata and Akamaru since Kiba and Shino aren't really the hugging type. After Team 8 stepped into the testing room Asuma and Kurenai headed off towards the lounge room.

     "I was really surprised when I saw you, Asuma, and Kurenai recommend your team of rookies," Guy commented towards Kakashi breaking the silence. "They must be one hell of a team if my rival sees them fit to compete alongside my team."

     "Well, they are the first team that I didn't send back to the academy," Kakashi began nonchalantly, "they are an interesting bunch, to say the least."

     "Interesting or not," Guy began calmly, "I believe they should have been held back from these exams and waited for the next one... like my team."

     "Are you scared of my team going up against yours?" Kakashi questioned teasingly. "Is that it?"

     "Oh please," Guy started off waving that idea to the side, "my team has mastered their skills almost if not perfectly."

     "Okay okay," I interrupted calmly, "let's not let this escalate too much. We are all proud of how far our teams have gone. Now can this please not turn into another one of your guy's competitions?"

     "All I'm saying is maybe they should have been allowed to be kids a little while longer...," Guy trailed off before his expression turned to a quite serious one. "Looks like I have to step out for a bit," he stated out in a rush before he was gone with a poof.

     "Wait what?" I stated out quite shockingly. "Where did he go off to? His team could be coming any second!"

     "Who knows with him," Kakashi huffed out with a small eye roll.

     The next few minutes Kakashi and I spent them in a comfortable silence as we waited for another team to pass by. Soon the sounds of footsteps echoed ones more throughout the corridor. Much to Kakashi's dismay, it was Team Guy who showed up with Guy and Lee trailing slightly behind.
     'So that's where Guy went off to... I wonder what happened.'