The Missions

~I do not own this fan art! I'm not as gifted as this person is so credits to them!~

So far it has already been a couple of weeks since all of the rookie nine have officially become teams and so far it's been pretty quiet. Well... except the constant complaining of a certain hyperactive blonde who states that none of the missions are up to his level. As much as some would see this as annoying I can see where he is coming from. Especially coming from his view as someone who has a goal of one day becoming Hokage. Naruto just wants to show he is worthy of getting assigned harder missions and thus worthy of becoming Hokage in the future. Still, it is important to understand that patience is key and a big part of fulfilling long-term goals like that.

     Since I have been helping the four teams out I have learned a lot about all of the genins. Like for instance with the oldest team Team Guy I've noticed that Rock Lee is actually is a huge inspiration to his team especially Tenten. I was actually quite shocked when Guy had informed me that Tenten was very discouraged when she couldn't master medical ninjutsu like Tsunade. It wasn't until Lee displayed his determination about becoming a great shinobi with only taijutsu that Tenten realized that not everyone can excel on the same thing but that doesn't mean you're not a good shinobi. One can be exceptionally good at taijutsu and another with ninjutsu and both can still be considered great shinobi. With Neji, I noticed he strongly believes that destiny can not be changed and yet he resents that idea. From what I know about the Hyuga clan and from talking to Guy it seems as he blames the curse mark that the branch family has for the misfortune he has and the death of his father. From what Shikamaru has told me it also doesn't seem like he likes his cousin Hinata because she's part of the main family. I actually feel very sad about Neji's and Hinata's relationship because it's not their fault at all. It's all the cause of the curse mark and of traditions in that family. I just wish that the main family could have been more compassionate towards Neji's loss maybe then he wouldn't hold so much hate towards them.

     Currently, I was on my way back home from helping Team Guy train. Since they are more experienced they do receive the harder missions that Naruto wishes for.

     "Nara Shizuka," a familiar voice called out from behind me.

     'Tenzo...?'

     Turning around I came face to face with a signature ANBU mask which seemed to cover another headset making my suspicion correct.

     "Yes?" I questioned with a playful smirk on my face.

     'Who would have thought this would be how I encounter you Tenzo?'

     "Lord Third wishes to speak to you immediately," Tenzo replies with an authoritative tone in his voice as he walked closer to me in order to teleport us to the Hokage's location.

     "I guess we shouldn't keep him waiting then I suppose," I answered back as Tenzo got a gentle yet firm hold of my forearm getting ready to perform the teleportation jutsu.

     "Ready?" he asked me to which I replied with a quick nod. "Oh, and one more thing..."

     "What's that?" I questioned looking up to him confused.

     "Welcome back Shizuka," he quietly whispered which was quickly followed by the teleportation jutsu giving me little to no time to react or give him thanks. Before I knew it I found myself standing in front of the Hokage, Iruka, Team 7 and others...

      'What's going on here...?'

     "Ah Shizuka just on time," the Third commented as soon as he saw me looking a little disoriented.

     "Lord Third," I greeted quietly slightly bowing towards him and giving everyone else a small smile.

     "Shizuka!" Naruto exclaimed as he comes up to my side. "Can you please tell the old man to stop lecturing me like he's my grandpa or something? I just want to go on higher ranked missions!"

     "How many times do we got to explain this to you Naruto!" Iruka exclaimed looking quite irritated. Looks to me like they have been going back and forth with this issue for a while now...

     "I'm not a little kid anymore!" Naruto began equally as irritated with a pout on his lips. "I'm a ninja now and I want a ninja mission."

     "Okay so be it," the Third began shocking everyone on the room including Sasuke. "Since you are so determined I'm going to give Team 7 a C ranked mission where you'll be accompanied by Shizuka. You'll be bodyguards on a journey."

     The word 'bodyguard' seemed to really catch Naruto's attention since his mood changed to a more excited one giving him a twinkle in his eyes.

     "Who? Who? Are we guarding a princess? Or some-," Naruto began before getting interrupted by the Third.

     "Don't be so impatient. I will bring him in now," the Third sighed. "Send in our visitor."

     Right one cue the brown wooden door in the front of the room opened causing all of us to turn back to see who would walk in. As the sliding door began getting pulling back an old man with a beer in hand was revealed carrying a backpack on his back.

     "What the? A bunch of little snot-nosed kids?" he questioned with his raspy voice followed with a sip from the bottle on hand.

     'Rude much?'

     "You, the little one with the idiotic look on your face," the old man slurred as he leaned up against the wall. "Do you really expect me to believe you're a ninja?"

     "Hey, I'll demolish you!" Naruto exclaimed fuming at the insult. "Let me get my hands on you!"

     "You can't demolish the client Naruto. It doesn't work that way," Kakashi sighed tiredly as he easily held Naruto back from attacking the old man.

     Unfazed the client once again took another sip from his beer before introducing himself as Tazuna a master bridge builder.

     "You must return me to my country where I will be building a bridge and I expect you to protect me throughout this journey and until I complete the bridge. Even if it means giving up your life."

~~~~~
Hello readers! Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer (if you are on break and if not hope you are soon)!
Another chapter up and working on the next one right now! Now that I'm on summer break I'm hoping to spend more time on this book. Please bear with me even if I do take a while to upload a chapter...
Thank you for taking your time to read my story! I appreciate you and your opinion very much so let me know what you think in the comments, please!