A Flower Full of Hope: Part 1

After much begging... and with the use of the Harem Jutsu, Naruto was finally able to get Jiraya to train him. Almost as soon as Jiraya had agreed Naruto had dragged us both deeper into the forest to begin his training right away. The site we were on had a nice clearing with a serene river running through it which was perfect for learning chakra control. We had instructed Naruto to muster up the patience and control needed to walk onto the running water.

~~~~flashback~~~~

     "Ugh, this is pointless!" Naruto exclaimed in frustration stripping his top off in an attempt to get dry. "There is no point in wearing clothes if all I'm doing is falling into the river!"

     "Naruto it's okay," I softly reassured. "Things like this take practice... but hey! You almost had it this time! You were able to walk a good few steps before falling in."

     "Hey Naruto build up your chakra one more time," Jiraya thoughtfully expressed as he kept a close eye on the exasperated blonde.

     Doing what he's told Naruto sluggishly gets into position with his hand in front of him and eyes closed. For a quick moment, both Jiraya and I stayed still quietly observing Naruto trying to figure out where exactly he was going wrong. There seemed to be something blocking his chakra but I couldn't quite put my finger on it... what's wrong?

~~~~~flashback end~~~~~

Soon after that Jiraya had asked me discreetly if he could fully facilitate Naruto's future training... alone. At first, I was quite upset and worried seeing as Naruto was technically one of my students but I know Jiraya is a great sensei and I fully trust him. I also know that getting trained by one of the Legendary Sannin would be a great opportunity for Naruto. So now here I was making my way back into the village on this quiet afternoon.

'Looks like I will be having more free time on my hands now...'

~~~~~~~~

"Honey are you almost ready?!" my mom shouted impatiently from downstairs. "Your father said the Hokage had called in a meeting this morning!"

"I know mom!" I called out hurriedly tying my headband as I rushed down the stairs, "I'm heading out now!"

"Okay here take this to your father," my mom annoyingly instructed as she handed me my dad's lunch. "I swear if it wasn't for me the old man wouldn't be eating!"

"Will do mom," I chuckled as I secured the package in my hand. "Remember Shikamaru meet Asuma in the training grounds at noon sharp! He'll be expected to see you right after the meeting."

"Yes yes I'll be there don't nag me," he mumbled as he placed his dirty dishes in the sink.

Quietly shaking my head I made my way towards the front door and bid my mom and brother goodbye. As I opened the front door of my house there stood Kakashi patiently waiting on my front porch leaning against the wooden frame.

"Hey Kakashi good morning," I greeted as I gave him a quick hug. "Sorry to keep you waiting," I sweatdropped.

"Good morning Shizuka," he greeted back with a close eyed smile. "You're fine I had just gotten here actually not too long ago. Come on let's head out."

"Let's," I nodded as we walked side by side to the Hokage's office. "Oh! Guess who's back in town!"

     "Who?" Kakashi asked cocking his head to the side towards my direction.