The Assassin of the Mist!

After the attack, we quickly headed towards the foggy shore where we boarded a motorboat which we were rowing by hand. I decided that I can talk to Kakashi about Naruto later as soon as we were in Tazuna's house.

     "This fog is so thick," Sakura warily began, "you can't see anything."

     "The bridge isn't far now. Our destination is just ahead, the land of waves." Kaji informed us as he continued on rowing the boat.

     Almost as soon as he had stated that an unfinished bridge broke through the fog coming to view. Relief washed over me knowing we would be on land soon because the little boat didn't seem very sturdy to me and as much as I hate to admit it I don't know how to swim. I never even tried to learn how because my chakra control is pretty good so I could just walk over the water.

     "Wow!" Naruto exclaimed as he leaned his body forward shaking the boat in the process. By instinct, I gripped on to the closest sturdy thing near me which so happened to be Kakashi. "It's huge!"

     "H-hey I told you to be quiet. Why do you think we are traveling in the fog," Kaji whispered harshly towards Naruto because of his actions. "We're trying to remain unseen. We'll be in serious trouble if we get caught."

     Kakashi slowly unraveled my arms from around his torso and placed his hand on the small of my back as a way of comfort. All in the meanwhile Naruto as a result of his lecture held in his breath, too afraid to even make a sound now.

     Before we got off on the dock Kakashi began asking Tazuna why there were people following and trying to assassin him. Tazuna then went on to explain that in fact, it was Gato who was after him.

     "Yes it's true Gato is a businessman," Tazuna began, "but below the surface, he has ninja helping him with his drug trafficking. He came to the land of waves a year ago and took over our transportation and shipping. When the bridge that will connect us to the land is complete it will break the control he has on us."

     "So since your the bridge builder, you're standing in his way..." Sakura began fitting all the pieces together.

     "That means that the guys who we fought in the forest were working for Gato," Sasuke finished off with a thoughtful expression on his face as well.

     "I don't understand why you hid the fact that you had ninja after you if you knew Gato would send them," Kakashi questioned as he sent Tazuna curious eyes.

     "The land of waves is a small and poor nation," Tazuna finally began to confess, "I can't afford to pay for an A or B ranked mission."

     "Right," Kakashi replied as we continued with our journey. Turning my attention to the jounin next to me I couldn't help but notice a worried face etched on his face.

     No doubt he's probably thinking that the next attacker they'll send will be someone with more experience...

----

     We were currently waking through a path in the forest and everything seemed to be pretty calm... we'll expect for Naruto. Not wanting Sasuke to take the spotlight this time around Naruto has decided to be extra 'observant' of our surroundings.

     "Over there!" Naruto exclaimed before releasing a kunai in said direction putting everyone on alert. "Eh, it was just a mouse."

     "A mouse? Ya, right you were just wanting to show off!" Sakura hissed at him still pretty shaken up from what happened. "There was nothing there!"

     "Naruto," Kakashi lectured, "those are kunai knives. They're dangerous and shouldn't be thrown out so recklessly."

     "Hey brat stop trying to scare me!" Tazuna snapped fuming.