The Evil Hand Revealed

Today was the day before the Chunnin Exams and the situation couldn't have looked more south than as of this very moment. According to Jiraya, Naruto was now able to do a Summoning Jutsu which of course was incredible and all but sadly it seems like Naruto had managed to end up in a hospital bed for overusing his chakra. Today will actually mark the third day he's been in there passed out and with nothing more to do other than wait for him to regain consciousness I'm worried that he might miss the exams. Choji had also managed to wind up in the hospital for eating one too many ribs to which I could only sympathize for especially seeing as he was now prohibited from eating food for a while. Those two now are the reason why I have sent Shikamaru off to the hospital to get me updates. I also have not heard anything at all actually from Kakashi and Sasuke since the day Sasuke's training began which is a little worrisome but knowing Kakashi's tardiness habit brings me a little peace of mind.

     On the stabler end of things, all the other genin including my brother have been able to improve quite a lot during their training. I myself even ended up helping a few of the students during their sessions. For instance, in Shikamaru's case after Asuma had trained him to become more vigilant and strategic I took the opportunity to help him use his terrain to strengthen his shadow possession biding time. Now all I can really do is wish for the best for everyone seeing as they all put in a lot of effort into their training.

"Are you worried?" Kurenai's asked as we both settled down on the empty training grounds. "About which students will be promoted and which won't?"

"I mean I do want all of our remaining students to pass the exam so of course..." I replied back as I laid down in the prickly withered grass. "But I know that only those who can prove themselves will advance which I can't complain about since these exams generally defy the difficulty level of missions you take. Ultimately it can be the difference between life or death if you're not prepared, you know?"

     "Can't argue with that," Kurenai sighed out as she too made herself comfortable alongside me. "Have you heard from Kakashi at all since he began his training with Sasuke?"

     "No, but I can't say I'm surprised about it either," I replied back nonchalantly with my eyes closed trying to prevent the sun from irritating my eyes too much. "He has always been a 'lone wolf' type of person especially when it comes to training."

     "True but if there was anyone he would reach out to you can bet it would be you of course."

     "Why do you say that?" I questioned her as I brought my right hand to rest on my closed eyes creating a comfortable shadow against them.

     "It's always been like that no?" Kurenai continued on. "Even if it's just to check up with one another you both would always find a way to contact each other."

"That's just what friends do no?" I questioned once again confused at what she was hinting at. "Besides things have changed now... I left. Despite what you all said I still left and he was among you that didn't show up to say goodbye- and no I'm not bothered by that anymore I understand, but if he and I were that close a simple goodbye would have been expected no?"

"Again I'm so sorry about that! Don't know if I would ever be able to forgive myself even if you have," Kurenai ashamedly confessed. "But I really do think maybe you should talk to Kakashi about that actually..."

"What do you mean-"

"All I'm saying is that even as the one who has known the stoic man himself the least you were able to make him open up to you more than what he has with the rest of us," Kurenai pestered on interrupting me in a sing-song voice.

"I've never even seen it or thought of it like that to be completely honest," I stated as I sat up a bit to lean back on my elbows giving the laying women beside me a confused look. "Besides don't you think you're reading too much between the line now? I mean I haven't heard from him nor am I able to give you any more information on his whereabouts than what you already know-which is also a big old 'nothing' from my end! I swear this is just like him to do things like this! The least he could have done was inform me that he was going to be gone for several days ugh! For goodness sake he even took Sasuke with him and who knows what they are living off of now!"