Private Angel Log Entry Eight

"I'm coming baby..."

Gerard's voice permeated through my sleep addled brain, it was faint - so faint, I shouldn't even have awoken, but I had been so desperate for any sign of him that my body had seemed to know how important it was that I was awake to hear this; unless this was just a dream, and I was still sleeping that is - which was entirely possible, but I was definitely awake now.

Peeling my eyes open wearily, I glanced around Mikey's room, noticing the fact that night had fallen while we slept, but besides that, absolutely nothing had changed. Mikey was still slumbering next to me; I debated waking him to ask if he had heard anything from Gerard, but I decided against it, he was so ill he probably wouldn't have noticed if someone broke down the door with a chainsaw.

I also wasn't sure how advanced his demon powers were, as far as I knew, he and Gerard had never communicated telepathically, but it was feasible that they had been doing it all along and I just hadn't noticed.

Needing to keep myself occupied, I headed downstairs to make a cup of coffee, and maybe something to eat as well if my nervous stomach could handle it; which to be honest, it probably couldn't, but at least I could waste some time making something. As I puttered around in the kitchen, I continued to strain my senses, but if Gerard was out there, he was too far away for me to be able to detect him.

I swore I heard Gerard calling to me, but I had no way to respond to him, and it really all could have been my imagination constructing something I was so desperate to hear. It was times like these that I truly hated the fact that he was a demon and I was an angel, I couldn't communicate with him like I could others of my kind, and it chafed at me.

Angels could tune into demon's mental frequencies if their telepathic speech was strong enough, or if they had a good sense of the demon's aura, but it didn't work the other way around, which was very unfair to demons, and someone should really look into that.

"Baby - I'm on my way home..."

I dropped the coffee mug I had been holding, ignoring the loud crash that accompanied it, focusing only on my lover's voice that I was one hundred percent sure was real now. My heart beat sped up, and it seemed to me like it started beating again, because it had stopped - metaphorically speaking - when Gerard left, but now I was alive again, because he was alive. All thoughts of caffeine forgotten, I hurried upstairs to tell Mikey the good news.

"Mikey - wake up! Gerard is on his way back! He's okay!" I was basically bouncing on the bed in my excitement, but somehow he took no notice of my presence.

"Mikey?"

When I still received no response, I began to panic, Mikey couldn't give in - not now - not when Gerard was heading back to save him. I pressed my fingers against his neck, sighing in relief when I found a pulse - albeit a week one. He was still alive - just barely, but all he had to do was hang on just a little bit longer.

I begged the universe not to be so cruel as to take Mikey away when everything was close to being better, that just couldn't happen, because yes, the world was a fucked up place, but it couldn't be this fucked up - not this time.

I was too nervous to leave his side just in case his condition worsened, if it was even possible for Mikey to get any worse than he already was, so I crawled back into his bed, trying to share some of my body heat with him since he was shivering violently. Time passed slowly, but every hour or so, Gerard called out to me again, and it made the wait more bearable, because it was borderline unbearable the rest of the time.

I was too scared to move, but too antsy to sit still, and the nervous energy bottled up inside of me was threatening to tear me apart, and it was probably a good thing that I didn't drink that cup of coffee, because the added stimulation would not have been good for me in my current condition.