Entry Nineteen: Arguments and Apologies

So this was supposed to be a cute fluffy chapter, and then it kinda turned smutty lol. So there will be a smut warning toward the end, so just skip over the *** if that isn't your cup of tea.

Entry Nineteen: Arguments and Apologies

I can't believe I am actually going to do this...I must be fucking crazy. If someone had told me yesterday that I would attempt to break back into Hell a few months after I had worked so hard to escape from there, I would have laughed in their face.

But I never imagined I would be confronted with this situation, and I would do anything for my brother...even sneak back into the one place on Earth that I never want to see again.

I acted so sure of myself in front of Frank, but I am literally terrified. I had to though...if I show even one crack around the shield which hides my emotions from him, then he will break through and convince me not to go.

I can't let that happen. If I don't go, Mikey will die for sure, and what kind of brother would I be if I just stood by and let that happen?

Okay - I need to think about how I am going to do this...Mikey doesn't have much time, and I can't just waltz into Hell and ask politely for the Livian, even though seeing the look on Lucifer's face might make it worthwhile. Getting in undetected will be difficult, but not impossible, I can cover my face, but they will need some form of identification or paperwork.

The gate guards are pretty stupid, the lowest of all demons get assigned that duty since it is monotonous and no one wants it. If I can whip up a convincing document, it shouldn't be too hard to slip past them as long as no one recognizes me. I will have to go into town and find the supplies, hopefully it has an Office Depot or something similar to that.

Once inside, I will have to move quickly and keep out of sight. If luck is with me, I can find Bob, and he can distract anyone we run into, if he is even willing to help me again that is. He is a great guy, but requesting him to risk his life for the second time is a lot to ask of anyone.

Fuck I don't even know if he managed to escape detection from my escape! Everyone knew we were friends, and the hellhound obviously didn't open the gate to the city itself. I hope he is okay...

So with or without Bob, I have to find a way to get the serum. My only hope for that is that Bob is still fucking the girl who guards it. If not, I'll have to pretend to be an elite demon since they are the only ones allowed access to the storerooms. Add another paper to forge to the list...oh god - this plan has too many opportunities for disaster.

Footsteps on the stairs interrupted my thoughts, and I realized that I could no longer hear the soft cadence of voices downstairs. Brendon must have left without me noticing...I wanted to thank him for trying his best with the Verium, but I'm sure Frank had expressed my sentiments.

"Gee?" Frank called out softly before pushing open the door to Mikey's room.

"Yeah - I'm in here." I gently disentangled myself from Mikey's gangly limbs. He had been sleeping soundly for a while now, which hopefully meant that the hallucinations had ceased for the time being.

"How is he?" Frank asked once I had slid the door shut behind my slumbering brother.

"Better than before, but I don't know how long he is going to be able to hold on..." I kept the agony of seeing my brother in such a state buried deep inside my heart, if I let it bubble to the surface, I would become a useless wreck, and that wouldn't help anyone.

"I'm so sorry about this Gee...if I had any idea that leaving Hell would make him so sick, I would have never convinced you to escape." Frank rested a comforting arm around my shoulders, and I snuggled into him gratefully.