Entry Eleven: Fighting to survive

It has been two weeks...two weeks since Mikey and I ran away from Hell...fourteen painful days since I last saw Frank's face. I have to believe that he is still alive, because if I don't, then I will fall apart.

Just when I was about to lose all hope, a miracle happened...but let me backtrack a bit...

Things weren't easy for Mikey and I, even with Frank's locations and supplies, we struggled to avoid the demons who were tracking us. Because Mikey was still a class C demon, he couldn't turn invisible, so flying was impossible during the day, and we were forced to walk most of the way while the ones chasing us didn't have the same limitations.

Exhausted and hungry, we hid in an empty farmhouse in the middle of a dying corn field, even though I wanted to keep going, Mikey was close to collapsing. He fell asleep instantly on the only bed, but I couldn't close my eyes.

I sensed a demon coming closer to us, he had been tailing us all day, but I had kept his presence to myself. Mikey didn't need another worry to burden him right now, and there was nothing we could do about it - besides run.

I had tried my hardest to outdistance him, but I was pushing my brother to his breaking point as it was, we simply could not go any further today, and now the slim lead we had maintained on our pursuer was whittling away...he would be here within the next five minutes.

Silently, I exited the farmhouse, pressing my back against the wooden door as I searched the sky for any sign of our pursuer. I didn't know what I would do when he got here, only an angel could kill a demon, but hopefully I could wound him badly enough that Mikey and I would have time to escape.

My poor brother...all this running was taking its toll on him, and I was worried that he wouldn't be able to keep this up much longer, but we didn't have any other choice...

Finally, I caught sight of a pair of skeletal wings, and I elongated my claws in preparation. If I could rip out his heart, or remove his head, it would take him precious hours to fully regenerate, and by then, Mikey and I would be long gone.

My heart fluttered like a trapped bird against my ribcage, and my breath came in short gasps. I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to overpower this demon, if I failed, we would be returned to Lucifer and tortured for eternity. I could not lose this fight, too much was at stake.

In a puff of dust, the demon landed directly in front of me, and I hissed out a warning. I didn't recognize him, but that was no surprise, besides Bob, I had avoided everyone in Hell to the best of my abilities.

No words were exchanged as we stared each other down, waiting to see who would make the first move. Opting for surprise, I ducked down low, then sprang back up, raking the demon's face with my claws.

He roared in fury as blood flowed freely down his face, and I felt the familiar bloodlust cloud my vision. No longer was I afraid or frightened, power flowed through my veins, and all I knew was the desire to rip this demon to shreds.

Faster than he could follow, I flipped over the demon's back and sliced at the spot where his wings met his spine. His bellow of agony was music to my ears, and I began to tear the ruined bones away from his body. With his other wing, he threw me off, before retracting both appendages and removing my main advantage in this fight.

Undeterred, I attempted to get behind him again, he was still bleeding profusely from his back, and if I could widen the wound, I might have a chance, but I underestimated his strength; ignoring his pain, he managed to grab a hold of my arm and pin me underneath his bulky frame.