Private Angel Log Entry Nineteen

You guys are all going to kill me for this chapter...so yeah...sorry about this.

Private Angel Log Entry Nineteen

Lucifer didn't move immediately, he just hovered in midair with a coy smile on his face, teasing me with his inactivity. He obviously was waiting for me to make the first move, but I wasn't going to rush in without some careful consideration.

I was at a serious disadvantage in this fight, Lucifer was stronger than me, and his weapon had a greater reach, so the only thing I had going for me was my speed. Unfortunately, I was already exhausted from all of the battles I had been in earlier, and Lucifer looked fresh, there wasn't a speck of blood on his black armor, so I would have to finish this quickly before I tired even further.

Feigning left, I quickly changed direction and dodged right instead, trying to graze Lucifer's wing with the tip of my sword, but I was too slow. Lucifer moved aside before I could make contact, but I refused to give up.

"Too slow Frankie...care to try again?" Lucifer taunted me. Hot air was pushed toward me as Lucifer beat his wings rapidly, and I barely managed to get out of the way as he barreled toward me.

"Frank - where the fuck are you?" Ray's voice filled my head again, and I flew farther away from Lucifer to give myself a few seconds to answer him.

"Not now Ray - just get out of here okay? Tell everyone to retreat. I found Gerard, but we are trapped." I didn't have any more time to explain, because Lucifer was coming at me again, swinging his massive mace in a wide arch, forcing me to flit out of reach.

I was on the defensive now, which was not a good place to be in, but I didn't know how I was going to change it. Lucifer hounded me wherever I went, and no matter how hard I pushed my wings, I never got close to landing a blow.

"Frank - just tell me where you are, let us help you!" Ray called out again, and I growled in frustration at the unnecessary distraction.

"I can't talk right now okay? Fighting Lucifer - leave while you still have the chance!"

"After all of your boasting, this contest is turning out to be quite a bore." Lucifer stopped his relentless pursuit of me for a moment, giving me a much needed chance to catch my breath.

"Well unlike you, I have actually been taking part in the fighting today, so I'm sorry if I'm a bit tired," I bit back harshly, trying to decide what my next move would be.

"You agreed to the terms of this contest, so are you actually going to fight me, or just run until I cut you down?"

Deciding to respond with actions instead of words, I threw myself at Lucifer, swinging my sword widely, but he managed to bring up his mace in time, blocking my blow with the handle. We stayed locked in heated combat for a few minutes, with neither of us drawing any blood, before I had to back away.

We continued this pattern for quite some time, engaging for a few brief moments, before pulling back to regain our positions, and in my case, some of my flagging strength, then we would clash together again.

Lucifer had stopped talking as much, and his face was twisted into an expression of concentration instead of the sneer it carried earlier. I was putting up a decent fight, and he was actually having to put some effort into this.

Finally, I managed to land a hit, but it grazed off of Lucifer's arm band, failing to draw any blood in the process, but the fact that I touched him at all infuriated the fallen angel.

"You sniveling shit - that will be the last time your blade reaches me!" Lucifer roared before redoubling his efforts to wound me, and I was forced to retreat from his onslaught. My arms were burning from the effort of holding back his strikes, and I needed some more time to recover.