Private Angel Log Entry Eleven

"This seems like a really bad idea..." Ray protested nervously, and under normal circumstances, I might have agreed with him, but right now, he was just pissing me off.

"Well I don't hear you coming up with anything better," I snapped back. My temper had been horrendous lately, but no one really blamed me for it. Being separated from Gerard turned me into an asshole; I had discovered that the first time he had left me to get the Livian, and apparently it still held true.

It had been six days since Gerard had been taken, and I was strung so tightly, I was liable to snap at any moment. Only the fact that I needed to be semi-cognizant to hammer out the finer point of our plans to save him had stopped me from falling into a deep depression, and I was walking a fine line that would be oh so easy to step off of into the tempting darkness.

"Stop arguing guys. This is the best chance we have of saving Gerard, and we aren't changing it now," Brendon sighed in exasperation. He had appointed himself as the mediator of our small group, and we were all testing his patience lately - which was a feat in itself; Brendon was usually the one driving us crazy.

"I wasn't trying to argue...I just think we really need to consider the consequences of this," Ray pressed his point, but his misgivings wouldn't stop anything now; our plan had already been set in motion.

After much debate, we had decided that the only way to successfully draw Lucifer out of Hell would be to set up a situation in which he would have to show up, or else risk looking like a coward that couldn't follow through on his word.

We had quickly thrown away our earlier idea of trying to barter for Gerard's life with information about Heaven, there were too many chances that something would go wrong, and Lucifer's spies probably knew almost as much as we did. Even if we managed to procure something he wanted to know, there was no guarantee that he would keep his word and hand Gerard over to us in exchange.

So in the end, we had chosen to do something drastic. From what Bob had told us about the situation in Hell before he had departed, Lucifer was gearing up for war, and the archangels were doing the same, so we were going to give them both the spark they needed to ignite their hatred of each other into an all-out inferno.

Even as we spoke, Vic and Kellin were winging their way towards Heaven and Hell respectively, carrying missives that appeared to be from Lucifer and the archangel Oliver, which would hopefully be too tempting for both sides to refuse.

I was worried for their safety, but they were not going to actually enter either realm, instead, they had been instructed to drop the messages into the portals to both realms, so they shouldn't be in any real danger.

Billie Joe had decided on the words, he had spent the most time with Oliver, and he knew his writing patterns well, so he was able to whip up a convincing challenge to Lucifer, and we had used Lucifer's note he had left when he had taken Gerard as an outline for his letter, copying the handwriting and short sentences in a way that hopefully would be very convincing.

In summary, both missives declared a challenge to the other, telling them to stop dancing around the sidelines and prove their worth three days hence at Black Rock Desert. We had picked that location because it was remote, and there would be less chance of either side staging an ambush, because the sands did not offer many places to hide. Hopefully, no humans would notice the massive gathering of supernatural creatures, but that was a risk we were going to have to take.

We were anticipating on being able to defuse both sides before the fighting became too intense, we simply needed the distraction so we would be able to free Gerard right from under Lucifer's nose. With the hundreds of angels that were now on our side, we planned to create a barrier of some sorts while we attempted to talk the angels down. If they refused to listen to us, we would wing our way out before the fighting became too heated, extending an invitation to any angels that wanted to join us before we left.