Entry Ten: The best laid plans often go awry

I don't know what to do...I don't know where I am, or where Frank is, or if he is even still alive...I am trying to hide my fears from Mikey, but they are eating me up inside. Maybe writing all this down will help release some of the nervous energy that has been bottled up inside me for far too long.

Oh god - I am so afraid...

I might as well start with the events that transpired three days ago...right after I left Frank with so much hope in my heart and his kisses fresh on my lips...

I snuck back into Hell as quietly as I could, hoping that no one had noticed my unexpected absence. When I met with no resistance, I made my way to Mikey's room, constantly glancing over my shoulder to make sure the hallway was deserted. I found him in an uneasy slumber, mumbling and tossing about on the uncomfortable bed.

"Mikey - wake up," I hissed urgently. He snapped awake instantly, staring at me with questioning eyes laced with fear.

"What's going on? Is something wrong?"

"We are leaving. Take anything you think could be useful because we won't be returning."

"Gee - where are we going to go?" Mikey still hadn't moved, and I was getting impatient.

I still hadn't figured out how I was going to extricate him from Hell since he was a lower class demon, and they weren't allowed to walk the Earth unless they were on an assignment, and we had to meet up with Frank in just under four hours.

"Anywhere but here."

"But what if someone catches us?" Mikey asked warily.

"Please just trust me," I pleaded desperately. I could see Mikey's analytical mind pondering all the possible things that could go wrong, but in the end, he sighed wearily and nodded.

"I will be back to get you soon, make sure you are ready to leave." Finally Mikey moved from his bed and began scanning his room for items to take.

I peeked my head out of the doorway, and after ascertaining that the coast was clear, I rushed to my room and began hastily stuffing my meager belongs into a tattered pack I had acquired, making sure to retrieve this diary from its hiding place.

I was frantically wracking my brain for a way to avoid attracting unwanted attention during our escape, but I was coming up blank. No one questioned my comings and goings because I was one of Lucifer's favorites, but if I tried to leave with Mikey, that would instantly arouse suspicion. I could say that I was taking him with me on an assignment, but I hadn't received my next target yet. That would involve having to forge the necessary papers, and I didn't have the materials to do that at hand.

"You're fucking leaving aren't you?" a deep voice spoke from behind me, and I swear - I almost shit myself with fright. I whipped around and found myself face to face with Bob. Fuck me - this is just what I needed right now.

"Are you going to report me?" I asked defensively. I had briefly considered trying to deny it, but the evidence was irrefutable, and I knew Bob wasn't stupid.

"Hell no fucker - I am not Lucifer's rat!"

"What gave it away?" I wondered sheepishly.

"I have been expecting you to bolt for weeks, but when I heard your brother had become a demon, I knew you wouldn't let him stay here and become like us. I wasn't going to say anything, but I just thought you might need some help is all."

"Are you serious about helping me? Do you know how much trouble you could get in?"

"I will be fine, I always am. Plus - I get to piss off the king of Hell, and that's always an added bonus," Bob smirked.