Entry Thirteen: Heaven on Earth

Forcing my heavy eyelids open took a monumental amount of effort, but it was well worth the struggle when Frank's gorgeous face filled my vision.

My angel was fast asleep, slumped over in a chair he had placed by my bedside. One of his hands was woven with mine, and his ebony hair was splayed out on the comforter. He looked so young when he slept, all of his cares and worries were erased, and he seemed truly at peace for the first time since I had met him.

I don't know how long I had been unconscious, but it must have been ages. Scanning my surroundings, I didn't recognize anything. We seemed to be inside some sort of townhouse, or maybe a really nice hotel. Bay windows covered one whole wall, and sunlight streamed into the room. Mikey wasn't anywhere to be seen, but I could sense his presence close by, which meant he was safe.

Gingerly, I shifted my torso from right to left, and when I was only greeted by a dull ache, instead of excruciating pain, I sighed in relief. Timidly, I lifted up the hem of my shirt, my chest was layered in bandages to the point that I looked like a freaking mummy.

I debated removing them so I could survey the damage, but I decided against it. I didn't want to move around too much in case I disturbed Frank, and it seemed as if whatever he had done had jump-started my healing abilities again.

I returned to staring down at Frank's slumbering form with a small smile on my face. It was such a relief to see him safe and by my side. The terror that I had been caging inside my heart was finally released, and I could breathe easy for the time being. With a trembling hand, I stroked a lock of hair away from his pale forehead.

Overwhelming affection blossomed inside me, the only way I could describe it was to say that I felt as if I had downed an entire bottle of champagne. I was falling so hard, it was frightening...especially since I wasn't sure if Frank felt the same way, but he had called me baby - hadn't he? I could have easily imagined that though...I had been delusional with pain, and I might have projected what I wanted to hear into the situation.

I was desperate to find out though, usually I am a pansy when it comes to this sort of thing, but I was tired of being in the dark. I didn't know how much longer we were going to survive out here, so I wasn't going to waste another minute; when Frank woke up, I was going to ask him all the burning questions that had been eating away at me for months. I could do this...

As the minutes ticked by and Frank slept on peacefully, I began to lose my nerve. What if he rejected me...what if he left us all alone again. I mean, what was I thinking, he is an angel...isn't being gay a sin or something like that, but on the other hand, he did kiss me twice...and he seemed to be enjoying it, and he has risked everything to help me when I needed him most...

I was so caught up in my own mental argument that I jumped when Frank lifted his sleep tousled head up with a yawn. He blinked groggily a few time, and when he caught sight of me sitting up, his eyes widened with surprise.

"Gerard - you're awake!" His beaming smile was brighter than the sun. He hopped up onto the bed and pulled me into a hug before quickly releasing me with a bashful expression.

"I'm sorry, you probably aren't fully healed yet. Did I hurt you?"

"Don't apologize to me, especially when I should be the one thanking you."

"You have no reason to thank me Gerard." Frank's face fell, and I was confused by his sudden mood shift.

"Hey - what's wrong?"

"I just wish I could have gotten there sooner...then all of this could have been avoided. I feel so guilty for not being there to protect you." Frank turned his head away from me, and I saw a glistening tear escape from the corner of his eye.