9. Misery Business

-Arianna-

"It's me or her; she's not the only one who can make plans."

"Oh my god! You gotta be kidding me!" I yell at the TV.

I've been sitting on the couch watching re runs of Pretty Little Liars all day and just watched the newest episode.

"I'm gonna be dead by the time they reveal who A is!" I yell again.

"What are you over here hollering about?" Jaime says coming down from the stairs with a box in hand.

"Pretty Little freakin Liars." I say throwing my middle finger to the TV.

"That show's been going on for years." He says placing the box on the stool by the counter.

"I know and it'll be going on for years, they just want me to die of frustration." I say getting up and walking to him.

"Did you finish cleaning your side of the closet?" I ask him while I open the fridge to grab a coke.

"Uh yeah, all done." He says with a small smile.

"Are you okay?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows at him.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be? Um what do you want for dinner? I can make spaghetti?" He says changing the subject.

He came over to me and kissed my temple while we both look through the fridge.

"Mmm that actually sounds good." I say looking up to him with a smile.

"Okay I'll get started." He begins to pull things out of the fridge.

"Here I'll help you." I say going to grab some things.

"No no no I'll do it." He says kissing my lips.

"But thank you babe." He turns around and starts cooking.

I make my way over to the counter and notice the box he brought down. I quietly pick up a faced down frame in the box and turned it around.

It was a picture of him and Jessica, they were dressed up, he wore a tux and she wore a red dress. He was holding a sunflower and they were both smiling, happy.

I put it down and picked up a folded up paper and opened it to reveal a letter.

Dear Jaime,

You are an amazing human being and I am so glad that I found you.

You make me laugh, you make me cry, and you always seem to know the right things to say to make me feel at home, even when you're miles away.

You always say that we met for a reason, I never believed you. But now that we've come so far I know now that we have, and that's because fate wanted us to grow old togeth-

I folded up the paper and put it back, no longer wanting to read it.

"Whoa what are you doing?" Jaime asks, startling me.

"Um nothing, I'm sorry." I reply quickly.

"Don't go through that." Was all he said, he came over to me, grabbed the box and put it in the game room across the hall.

He brushed me off and walked back to the kitchen, I tried to bite my tongue but my vocal cords beat me to the punch.

"So is that what's wrong?" I ask with attitude, immediately regretting my sudden burst of question.

"No it's not just drop it Arianna." He says turning his head to take a quick glimpse of me.

I crossed my arms over my chest and tilted my head.