25. Love Drunk Memories

My phone began to pull me away from my sleep and with still closed eyes I patted my hand around the night table to find the irritating, dream killing, machine. When I finally got my hand on it I answered it very grumpily without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?" I spat.

"Hey babe."

I immediately shoot up from my sleeping state and feel relief flow through my body, "Jaime you had me worried about you all night." I scorn.

"I know, I'm sorry." He mumbles.

"Hime, are you okay?" I ask hearing the shortness on the other line.

"Oh yeah, just a little hung over that's all."

"Okay well get some rest and text me later?" I ask petting Max's soft head while he continues to sleep.

"Okay, I will. And Arianna?"

"Yeah?"

"I-I love you."

I furrow my eyebrows completely confused on the way he sounds, "I love you too Jaime, are you sure everything is okay?"

"Y-yeah, I'm just feeling sick."

"Okay well, have the guys take good care of you."

"Yeah I'm sure they will, but I'll let you go. Love you."

And then the line went dead, I put the phone back on the table and lean against the wall and pillows thinking about how weird the conversation went but decided I wouldn't think about it and just be glad he's coming home tomorrow for a few weeks.

I pull myself out of bed and hook my phone into the speakers on Jaime's side of the bed and press play on a playlist letting Hayley Williams' voice fill my bedroom.

"Ain't it fun, living in the real world.

Ain't it good, being all alone?"

I sing along with her and brush my teeth knowing how much that freaks Jaime out, but do it anyways even though he's not here.

I take my hair out of the bun and watch my waves fall out and around my face, running a brush through it and then my hand feeling the tangle free softness.

I proceed into the closet and look for something to wear for work choosing my black high waist shorts, if you haven't noticed by now I love high waist bottoms, and a black and yellow Hufflepuff tank top that Mike and Alysha got me from their trip to Universal Studios last summer after I told him I was sorted into that house.

I tied some black vans on and grabbed my bag from the chair then walked out the door and to my car driving the short distance from my house to the café.

I pulled up and placed my car in park, seeing Sarah's black Chevy Silverado sitting to the side of the building I got out and made my way to the door knocking hard enough for her to hear from the back room. I saw her walking my way with a smile before unlocking the door and letting me inside.

"Good morning lovely, I just started wrapping some silverware if you wanna help." She offers walking ahead of me to the back.

"Yeah sure, let me just put my bag away." I reply with a smile.

I place my bag in the small locker then sit across from her at the break room table and begin folding knives and forks into the fabric napkin.

"So what's been going on with you?" I ask.

"Nothing really, had another argument with Jason last night and I kicked him out." She answers with an eye roll.

"That's not good, what did he do this time?"