16. Hold On, Don't Look Back

I just got home from Pomona and the house felt awkwardly quiet, and at this point I don't know what to do.

I unpack my suitcase and throw a load of dirty clothes in the washer, then began cleaning anything I could get my hands on. Waiting for a text or call had to be one of the most frustrating things ever, but once I got it, my nerves were relaxed.

Jaime: Hey baby just made it to Tucson. Going straight to sound check, I'll call when I can. I love you xx

Me: Okay honey, have fun. Talk to you soon, love you too! xo

As soon as I hit the send button I got a call, I looked at the name and recognized it to be my brothers, swiping the green button quickly and putting the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey sis, what are you up to?" He says in return.

"Not much, doing some cleaning just left Pomona where Jaime left the state for a tour."

"Ahh how are you doing?" He asks.

"I'm about to go crazy, it's too quiet in this house. I might go get a dog or a baby or something." I reply sitting on the couch finally relaxing.

"A baby? Ari what would you need a baby for?" He begins to laugh.

"Noise Leo, I NEED noise in this house. I'm used to having Jaime here talk about Tacos and Breaking Bad every minute of the day, and now I don't have it." I say.

"Well I was just going to say I have a week off from work and was considering going down there to visit, if that's alright with you of course." He says getting me to snap my head up.

"Yes yes yes, please. It'd be fun! You can meet my friends and yes I need someone here." I say getting him to laugh a bit more.

"Okay calm down, the best I can do is Monday, is that okay?

"Yes, I'll start cleaning and getting ready, you just pack your stuff and get here as soon as you can before I go crazy."

"Okay I'll let you go then, and text you the information. See you soon sis."

"Okay bro, love you bye." I say before hanging up.

Finally some brother/sister time.

The weekend was definitely quiet, as expected; the worst was at night when I had to sleep alone. Jaime would call every night after the show to check in and see what I was up to, that mostly ended with us falling asleep on the phone together.

Monday finally came along; I got dressed and drove to LAX to get Leo, whose flight was landing in five minutes. Words can't explain how excited I am to have him here. I can finally bond with him and get to know him more.

I was standing at the luggage claim, looking around at the swarm of people getting to where they needed to be, when finally I saw a tall guy stalking toward me with a suitcase in hand. He wore a black and white plaid button up with a black shirt under; he had black skinny jeans to match and paired the outfit together with some classic black and white Converse.

"Sis!" He shouted getting closer.

"Hey!" I replied opening my arms to give him a hug.

"How was your flight?" I ask leading him outside to the parking garage.

"Felt like forever when it was only four and a half hours." He says exhaustedly.

"Well let's get back to the house and we can relax, I can order in take-out." I suggest.