32. A Little Less Sixteen Candles

[A Little Less Sixteen Candles A little More "Touch Me"-Fall Out Boy. Then There's Faith In Love playlist on Spotify.]

I felt like I had been running around all day getting things for Jaime's surprise party, Chris called last night and told me that his mom planned on making him one for tonight. Luckily for me they already gave him an excuse to go over, because I can't lie for shit.

While the guys kept him busy at the studio I ran around getting balloons and other party decorations since Mrs. Preciado signed me up for that. I offered to make a cake but she said that she already had that taken care of.

Jaime and I have been slowly working things out; we began to talk more than we were the day after our fight. But I can't pretend things are okay with the Jessica situation, because they're not. We're getting better and that's all that matters at this point right?

I got back in the car and finally made my way back home from his parent's house where I had been decorating with Chris for the past hour, helping set up the DJ booth he would be playing music at and laying out table cloths over each long table in the back yard while his parents cooked the food.

I went straight upstairs and began to do my hair, thankful that I had taken a shower this morning so I wouldn't have to do it now. I grabbed my curling wand and twirled strands of hair around it leaving my hair bouncy when I was finished.

I pulled out my makeup bag from the bottom cabinet and began work on my face, I made a thick winged like effect on both sides of my eyelids keeping it as simple as possible, then applied some black mascara making my eyelashes long and full. I then patted on some powder foundation then swiped some red lipstick across my lips giving my look an amazing finishing touch.

When I was done with that I walked out of the bathroom running into Jaime in the process.

"Hey!" He says with a smile on his face.

"Shit you scared me." I jump placing my hand over my heart.

"Sorry." He laughs pulling me into him for a hug then placing a kiss on my head.

I walk into the closet and grab the outfit I had ready for tonight then lay it on the bed, "I'm gonna take a quick shower!" Jaime shouts from the hall where the towel closet is.

"Okay, just hurry, we have to be there soon." I say over my shoulder.

I hear the bathroom door shut from behind me then begin getting undressed from my "running around" clothes, discarding them into the dirty laundry hamper then place the new wardrobe on my body.

I pulled on my washed up shorts that were rolled up on the bottom then slipped on my black and white striped crop top carefully so I wouldn't mess up my hair. Before I placed my jewelry on I grabbed my tattoo ointment and rubbed some on my new tattoo that I got two days ago, it was a lace lotus mandala on my left shoulder with cute bead like artwork hanging off of it.

I was tying on my black and white vans as soon as Jaime stepped out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel making my heart beat a million times faster than usual, "Are you done staring?" He smirks.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I grin tying the last shoe.

I made a strict "no sex" rule with Jaime until things mended, and he's been a true gentleman by complying with it no matter how hard it can be.

I went over to the dresser and slipped on some cute midi rings that I bought yesterday as well as my Michael Kors watch, moon and sun bracelet, and a "J" necklace that I bought a long time ago and rarely wore.

I stared at the promise ring that's been sitting inside my jewelry box for what seemed like forever then turned to see Jaime tying some Vans to his feet, inhaling and exhaling a deep breath then taking it out of the cushion ring holder and slipping it onto my finger.