4. Could This Be Out Of Line

"No leave me alone, just go away!" I scream trying to get out of his hold.

"Don't you understand? I'll never leave you alone, you'll always be mine." His breath trickling down my neck as his grasp on me tightens.

"What do you want with me?!" I wiggle a little more trying my best to loosen his hold around my torso.

"I want you dead." He says so bitterly, as from a distance I hear her laugh, it's so chilling, enough to make a criminal shiver. How'd she find me?

I finally pull away from his tightening arms and run as fast as my legs could go to nowhere in particular, this place is so dark I'm almost surprised I haven't fallen into something. From behind me I hear my name being called,

"Ari!"

"Arianna wake up!!" I jolt from my nightmare with sweat falling from my face as my hair sticks to my face like glue.

"Oh my gosh Ari, are you okay!?" Spencer looks at me holding on to my arms to keep me from freaking out anymore than I already have. I calm my breathing and look into her eyes and nod my head slowly.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" She asks rubbing my arm up and down to comfort me.

"No, I'll be fine, just a nightmare."

"Well that was some nightmare, you were screaming. If you need to talk I'm here." She says getting up and letting out a hand to help me out of bed.

"You should go shower, it's already nine am and you need to go to work, you can take my car." I hurriedly make my way to the bathroom and start my shower.

Once I'm out I pick out my clothes and get settled into them, I skip blow drying my hair and settle with putting it into a high messy bun. I grab my bag and Spencer's car keys, waving goodbye and making my way to her black Mazda.

I quickly walk into the bakery, instantly setting my bag behind the counter and walk to the back to see Lisa putting a cake into the oven.

"Hey Ms. Lisa." I say almost inaudible but she still manages to hear me. She turns to me and walks over, immediately embracing me in her tiny arms, without question I return the comforting gesture and wait for her to pull away.

"How are you doing?" She asks keeping me at arm's length, I decided to tell her over the phone Saturday night after getting home from shopping, she told me to take a couple of days off and return Tuesday, which is today.

"I'm okay, I could definitely do without the threats Sean is sending me but I'll be fine." I say sitting down in a chair placed by me, Lisa following my actions sitting directly across from me.

"Have you gone to the police, mija you should report him." She places her hand on mine.

"That won't stop him, he'll find a way around it, he'll stop eventually." Before Lisa could answer we hear the bells from the door jingle. We both get up and make our way to the front room a man in black slacks and a black polo stands waiting with a bouquet of white roses.

"Can I help you?" Lisa asks sweetly keeping her eyes locked on the flowers.

"Uh yes ma'am, I'm looking for an Arianna Rae." He says putting the note in his pocket, I furrow my eyebrows and walk towards him.

"Um that would be me."

"Ah cool, these are yours." He says handing me the flowers and thanking us before walking out.

"Ooh and who might these be from?" Lisa says smelling one of the roses.

I take the card from the plastic card holder and immediately open it to reveal scratchy but readable handwriting, Lisa looking over my arm and to the card as I read the note aloud,