7. So Contagious

"So what's this one for?" I say tracing my fingers lightly along the tattoo that covered his toned bicep.

His eyes flick down to the tattoo and back up to the ceiling and over to meet my eyes. We've been laying in bed all morning, talking about nothing in particular but just basking in each other's presence. Now we're talking about the tattoos covering our bodies.

"You know the band Saves The Day?" He questions, to which I simply nod, placing my fingers back on his colorful tattoo.

"Well down here I have the lyrics, 'Choose my company' from the song My Sweet Fracture." He says pointing to the words scrawled on his arm underneath the artwork.

"Then I got these heart flower trees that represent people that I love." I smile and lay my hand on the piece.

"Now, what's this for?" He says pulling my arm out and pointing to the script words written on the outside of my arm.

"First of all, what does it say?" He says with a confused look on his face, I giggle and shake my head.

I get up and sit criss cross under the warm blanket in front of him whose still laying down looking up at me for an explanation. I lay my right hand over my left and combine the words written on both my arms to make a sentence.

"Dum spiro, spero ad vitam aeternam." He looks at me with one eyebrow raised as if to say go on.

"It means 'While I breath, I hope for eternal life.'" I say laying my arms back down on my lap.

"What language is that?" He asks putting his hand on mine playing with my fingers.

"Latin." I say smiling.

"You speak Latin?" He questions.

"I sic facere." I say with a giggle.

"Yes I do."

"That's cool, did you learn that in school or something?" He prods more into my past, to which I open up freely.

"No actually I'm from Rome, I know I told you I was from San Bernardino but I actually moved there when I was six. I'm originally from Rome, Italy." He looks at me with a blank stare.

"Whoa, you just keep getting better and better." I laugh and smack him playfully on his chest.

"So did you learn English when you got here?" He asks beginning to play with my fingers again.

"Yes, that's why I was teased in grade one, they made fun of my accent and the fact that I couldn't speak English, so Spencer lent a helping hand." I laugh.

Jaime sits up propping himself up on his left elbow the black sheets falling to cover only his bottom half, leaving his chest bare and exposed. He lets out his right arm and pulls me towards him to which I oblige and get closer, our noses barely touching.

I get the butterflies in my stomach as he puts his hand through my hair and closes the gap between our lips and kissed me softly. I smile into the kiss and put my hand through his bed head hair bringing him as close to me as possible before pulling away before we go any further.

"I'm hungry." I say getting a chuckle to escape from Jaime's throat.

"Me too, let's go to Ihop? I don't feel like cooking." I nod and swing my legs off the bed instantly regretting the removal of the blankets.

I walk over to my duffle bag that I've been living out of for two days, since Jaime's insisted that I stay with him, and pulled out some shorts and a black lace tank top. I pull the shorts over my legs and button them close, afterwards I pull Jaime's shirt off my torso throwing it aside and replacing it with my tank top.