28. I Cherish My American Girl

I woke up due to Jaime's loud as hell alarm but turned to see his side of the bed completely empty, I placed my hand where he laid and it turned out to be cold meaning he's been up for a while.

I got up and trudged to the bathroom after silencing that god forsaken phone and began washing my face and scrubbing my teeth to make them pearly white.

I walked back to the night table and unplugged my phone from the charger being met with a text from Sara,

Sara: Have fun and be safe! We'll see you when you get back girl!

I scrunched my eyebrows together and threw the phone onto the bed making my way to the door and opening it quickly, walking towards the stairs while shouting Jaime's name as I descended the steps and saw him pouring coffee into my teal Victoria Secret cup.

"What's up?" He turns slightly but then reverts his eyes back to pouring the liquid careful not to spill it.

"Why did Sara tell me to have fun and that she'll see me when I get back, Jaime where am I going?"

He chuckles and turns to me handing me the hot cup which I take and place to my lips feeling the burning liquid go down my throat.

"You my darling are going to Belgium." He smiles brushing past me and up the stairs.

"What?!" I shout running up the stairs behind him.

"You heard me; you're going with us to Belgium for a few days."

I look at him as if he had three heads and wrapped my mind around the words he just said, "I don't even know how I still have a job." I mutter to myself.

"Because your boss is a bad ass and I just so happened to agree on playing at her wedding and getting her tickets to any future show we have." He mumbles.

I throw my head back in laughter and shake my head, "You bribed my boss?"

"Yeah, kind of. But hey it worked." He shrugged.

He pulled out another medium sized suitcase and began helping me pile clothes into it as well as some shoes and accessories.

While he finished that I changed into some comfortable clothes for the sixteen hour flight I was about to aboard. I slipped my legs into some black leggings that stopped at my calf leaving my ankles exposed, I then discarded my night shirt and pulled on my black bandeau placing a white cropped tank top over it showing off a bit of my stomach but not too much.

I walked over to the dresser drawer and pulled out some vans socks then tied my white Vans onto my feet. I walk over to the bathroom mirror tying my hair into a fishtail braid on the side before packing all my cosmetics into the small bag I use for traveling.

"Are you ready? The taxi is here to take us to the airport." Jaime peeks into the bathroom.

"Yeah let me just grab my bag."

I walk over to my dresser and place the promise ring Jaime gave me onto my ring finger, seeing as I hate wearing jewelry to bed, as well as the cute necklace Austin gave me that had a silver plate with an anchor engraved on to it, and on the back it read Best Friends Always.

I grabbed my phone and chargers from the bed and stuff those into a small backpack along with my tablet and journal, snatching my purse last then following Jaime downstairs seeing Austin sitting on a stool by the kitchen bar.

"Hey you." I smile walking over and pulling him into a hug.

"Hey best friend." He laughs squeezing me tightly.