15. Memories That Make Me Smile

A knock on the door interrupted Jaime's in depth recollection of this morning's practice getting him to groan; I giggled and got off the sofa to go answer the door.

"Oh hey Tony!" I say opening the door a bit wider for him to come in.

"I just saw you an hour ago, aren't you tired of me yet?" Jaime shouts jokingly.

"Never, I love seeing your Mexican face." Tony says walking over to him sitting down on the armchair.

"What's up Tone, what brings you here?" I say now curious.

"I need you guys' help." He begins.

"With? Tony who did you kill?" Jaime says keeping a serious face on.

"No one." Tony laughs out.

"I want to ask Spencer to be my official girlfriend, but I want to do it in a special way."

I immediately place my hand over my heart and l let out a little "Aw" getting Tony to chuckle.

"Well what do you need help with?" Jaime asks.

"Okay so here's the plan." Tony begins.

I ran all over town looking for long stick candles and a huge white banner, Jaime following me along everywhere.

"We need black paint." I say skimming the isles of the arts and crafts department.

"Here's some." Jaime calls out down the aisle.

I quickly walk over to him, being my usual rushing self. He hands me some black paint and grabs some paint brushes.

"Okay, this will work. Let's go." I say grabbing his arm and pulling him towards the check out.

"Do you ever wish I was this romantic with asking you out?" Jaime asks breaking the silence in the car.

I just shrug and shake my head, "No, just you asking me in general was enough for me."

He smiles and takes my hand, bringing it up to his lips and placing a gentle kiss on my knuckles.

"How'd I get so lucky?" He says looking at me from the corner of his eye.

"I'm the lucky one, trust me." I reply squeezing his hand gently.

We finally made it back to our house and laid out the banner in the living room, moving the coffee table out of the way to make room. The banner took up most of the floor so we tried to make enough room as we possibly could.

"Do you want to paint it while I bake the cookies and pack the basket?" I ask.

"Yeah you go on and do that, I've got it taken care of down here." He says looking up to me from his spot on the floor.

I nod and proceed to the kitchen to do my work.

"Okay I'm done, come look!" Jaime calls from the living room.

I walk over to him and fix my gaze to the white banner in front of us, it looked so cute, and it read:

Roam the galaxy with me? Be my girlfriend? With two little turtles on the bottom kissing.

"Aww that's so cute!" I say clapping.

"Thank you ma'am." He said getting up and looking at me.

I couldn't help but laugh, "Uh babe? You've got a little paint right there." I say pointing to his cheek.

"What really? How could I not feel that?" He says turning to look himself in the mirror behind us.

"You were too focused on the project you didn't realize it." I say laughing at him again.