31. It's Not Enough To Say I'm Sorry

[Goodbye-Secondhand Serenade on the Then There's Faith In Love Fanfic playlist on spotify, dearxadriana]

"Arianna, I don't know what to say." He begins once I hand him a cup of coffee.

Instead of interrupting I let him speak, wanting to hear his side of things before I put my opinions in it.

"I screwed up, I've been doing that a lot lately, but I never meant to hurt you. You mean so much to me and you know I'd never intentionally do anything to ruin what we have." He finishes, playing with the handle of his coffee cup.

"I know Jaime, but this is going to be so hard to come back from."

"I know, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to prove that you can trust me, whatever you want me to do I'll do it." He pleas.

"It's not me asking you to do anything Hime; you just have to do it on your own. Drunk or not you knew what you were doing..." I trail off.

"I know, I should've had more sense than that, and I regret it, it kills me every day knowing what I did, and how much of a fuck up I can be."

"Jaime, you're not a fuck up, you're human, shit happens. But now you have to deal with the consequences your choices bring." I explain.

"I just don't want you to leave me, I can't take that hurt. I've seen you walk away more times than I've liked already and I can't deal with it again." He mumbles, his head looking towards the ground as I see a tear roll down his cheek.

I put my cup on the counter and look down at my fingers, my promise ring taken off and put away, "Look at me." I say getting him to look in my direction.

"We've worked too hard to get to where we are to just throw it away; I'm not giving up yet."

"I-I'm so s-sorry Arianna." He begins to sob running his hand down his face.

I run a hand through my hair and take in a deep breath going around to his side of the counter and pulling him into a small hug.

"We'll get through this Jaime." I assure.

"I love you so much." He whispers.

"I love you too Jaime." I reply rubbing his back.

"Don't give up on me."

"I'm not, but please be honest with me from now on." I ask.

"I will, I promise." He replies.

I walk away and take a seat next to him taking a sip of my warm coffee, thinking of what to say next, "So when are you going to talk to her?"

"I don't know, I talked to her when she told me and she said she wanted to meet up with me to talk about what we're going to do." He explains.

"Well, okay." I mutter.

"Everything's going to be different now isn't it?" He asks after a moment of awkward silence.

"I don't know." I mumble.

"I can already feel it, and I don't like it." He replies.

"I-" I begin but am cut off by the ringing of Jaime's phone.

I see a glimpse of the name on the screen seeing Jessica's name flash on it and feel my gut wrench at the sight of it.

He gives me a sympathetic look before answering it, "Hello?"

I grab my coffee cup and wash it quickly before heading upstairs and to the bathroom shutting and locking it behind me before starting the shower and stepping in.