27. When You Wish Upon A Star

"Hey Ari wake up!" I hear Jaime say as he shook me lightly, after ignoring him and trying to fall back to sleep he began to shake my body roughly while saying my name on repeat.

"What?!" I spit as I pried my eyes open.

"You gotta get up, we're going somewhere." He smiles.

I reluctantly got up from bed and sat at the edge while rubbing my eyes with the heel of my hand, mumbling cruse words under my breath towards Jaime who seemed to have walked off.

"What time is it?" I ask out loud while squinting my eyes to adjust them to the light.

"It's three am, now hurry up or we'll be late." He replies throwing some clothes at me.

"Whoa what the hell Hime, three am, you're out of your damn mind." I retort getting off the bed and glaring at Jaime as his back was toward me.

"You're so sweet in the mornings." He chuckles.

"You're so sweet in the mornings." I mock him in a squeaky voice.

I walk into the bathroom and brush my teeth going over to Jaime with tooth brush in mouth while I scrub my teeth and begin to talk to him.

"So where are we going?" I say through a mouthful of tooth paste.

"That's disgusting Rae." Jaime shivers pushing me back into the bathroom and shutting the door.

I finish up washing my face and throw my hair up in a cute but messy bun wrapping a red ribbon around it and tying it into a bow.

I walk out of the bathroom and see Jaime zipping up the large suitcase we used for Ohio and place it by the bedroom door. He then walks into the bathroom and stuffs my tooth brush and tooth paste into a cosmetic bag and place that into the front zipper of the suitcase.

I scrunch my eyebrows and watch him intently as he does this getting him to turn to me and place his hands on his hips.

"Would you quit looking at me and get dressed, we can't be late."

"Where are you taking me?" I say dragging out the 'me'.

"It's a surprise now hurry." He scorns.

I silently get dressed into some light blue jean shorts that had some lace on the bottom of the hem, a black cropped top t-shirt that exposed a patch of my stomach then wrapped the red and black plaid shirt around my waist finishing off the look with some black and white Vans that Jaime set on the bed next to the outfit.

"You know it's actually scary how good you are at putting outfits together for me." I mention looking at myself in the body mirror by the door.

"Well you know, full time rock star; part time flawless fashion consultant." Jaime smirked while doing an imaginary hair flip.

"You're a weird one Preciado." I roll my eyes while tightening the bow in my hair.

He comes over to me and wraps his arms around my waist placing a kiss on my neck then whispering in my ear, "But you love me."

"Always." I smile back then kiss him on the tip of his nose.

"Alright we better get going so we're not late." He says taking a hold of the suitcase and a smaller bag on top of it.

I grab my purse and phone along with my earphones and follow him downstairs where Chris was sitting on the couch watching TV. I knit my eyebrows together and look at Jaime in confusion.

"Chris is gonna watch the house while we're gone." He explains as if he read my mind.

"Chris where are me and Jaime going?" I ask placing my phone in my purse.