24. Sharing Warm Alcohol

[FF>> 1 Month]

I was folding clothes and doing some cleaning before Jaime comes home in a few days, to say I'm excited is an understatement. I know I saw him a few weeks ago but I just can't take it anymore and need him right here in my arms already.

Max jumps on the bed and curls into a ball watching me fold clothes intently as if I'm doing something fascinating. He's really grown since Christmas and has become the biggest handful too, but I love him nonetheless.

Jaime: 2 more days baby, just hang in there.

I read the text with a smile then tell myself to mentally hang in tight until then.

Arianna: I'm gonna build a time machine real quick hold on please.

Jaime then sends me a picture of the mad scientist from the movie Back to the Future getting me to burst into laughter shaking my head and typing a response then get back to the task at hand, these un paired socks.

A knock on the door interrupted my folding and I went downstairs to check, looking through the peephole first and seeing Danielle standing on the other side with Weiner in her hands.

I open the door widely and invite her in, "What brings you on my side of town?"

"Oh you know, just thought I'd come see one of my favorite gals in the land." She smiles putting Wein down to play with Max.

"I hope I didn't interrupt anything."

"Not at all, you actually saved me from folding clothes." I laugh leading her upstairs and to my room.

She sits down on the bed and gets comfortable while I pile the rest of the unfolded clothes and socks into the basket and set it to the side to do at a later time.

"So what's been going on with you? How do you like the waitressing job?" She asks crossing her legs Indian style.

"It has its good days but then has its bad days." I admit.

"Well why don't you model with me? I can set you up with my agent and we can get you in, no problem." She proposes with a smile.

"I don't know, modeling isn't my thing, I did a few shoots with Alysha but it's totally different than what I like to do, you know?"

She nods her head in agreement, "Well it's a suggestion, and you've got the looks, so if you ever change your mind you've got my number."

"Thanks Danni." I lean over and give her a hug.

"Now do you have Netflix on this, because I say we should have a girl's day."

We spent the afternoon watching TV and movies then she went home to get rest for her photo shoot tomorrow, I on the other hand decided to go for a walk to the beach with Max.

I pulled on some shorts and went to place my phone in the front pocket when I felt a bunched up paper inside. I pulled it out and unfolded it to reveal Katelyn's number, I forgot I had it in there seeing as I literally haven't worn these shorts since the day I saw her at Starbucks.

I debate on calling her and then pick up my phone dialing the number and waiting for an answer on the other side.

"Hello?" She questions.

"Hey Kate its Arianna, I'm sorry I never called, I've been super busy." I explain.

"Hey it's no problem, what are you up to?"

"I'm about to go take my dog for a walk but wanted to see if you'd like to grab a bite to eat?"

"Yeah of course! There's this little hamburger place by the pier if you want to meet there." She suggests.