36. The End

Thank you guys so much for sticking with me even though I haven't updated in what feels like years, let's cheers to this! The finale...

-----

The girls and I were enjoying our last night in Catalina where we got to get away from the craziness back home, which I was truly grateful for to say the least.

I sat in my chair around the little fire that Alysha started on our back patio of the small condo we rented, each of the other girls in their own seats a wine glass in hand, except for Spencer of course, who had apple juice but in a wine glass to feel a part of the group.

"So how's everything going with the Jessica situation?" Danielle asks taking a sip of her Pink Moscato.

I just roll my eyes with a shake to my head, "It's going." I mutter.

"That good huh?" Alysha chuckles.

I laugh lightly at her sarcasm, "Oh yeah definitely, with the numerous calls and texts to Jaime's phone to the days she asks him to go baby clothes shopping with him. Yeah it's a blast."

"How many times a day does she call?" Spencer asks curiously with a scrunch to her eyebrows.

"Um I don't know, like five to six times a day maybe more." I say looking down at my wine, giving it a slight swirl.

"Holy shit Ari, that bitch is needy." Alysha exclaims. "What does Jaime say?"

I shrug my shoulders and keep my eyes on the mesmerizing fire in front of me, "He keeps trying to invite me to everything they do, but I keep telling him no because that's not somewhere I belong ya know?"

The girls each nod their heads in agreement, I think back to the countless arguments Jaime and I have gotten into over this tiny subject, so many times he's stormed out of the house angry because I wouldn't go with him to shop with Jessica.

"I think he's fixated on the idea that she and I will become friends or something one day, which is never going to happen, period."

"I'm sure things will work out Ari." Danielle says softly rubbing my knee from her spot next to me.

"Yeah I just gotta think of the positives." I smile.

"There you go!" Alysha laughs getting us to giggle as she throws her fist in the air.

The atmosphere was amazing here, with three of my best friends, a place I never thought I'd be and a life I never thought I'd live. I never want this to end.

--

The next morning we woke up semi early and went to the little café down the street to get breakfast before our boat got here to take us back to reality, I was sad to leave but excited because I couldn't help but miss Jaime a lot while I was here. Texting each other was just not cutting it anymore.

We stopped by the pier to let Alysha take some shots of us overlooking the water, the breeze kissing my skin like tiny butterflies while my hair whipped back and forth around my face, when we were done my hair looked as if I just got mauled by a squirrel with a hair obsession, if that makes any sense at all.

We wheeled our luggage onto the boat with us and watched as the security shut the gate and locked it, the sound of the anchor being pulled up next, followed by the sudden movement of the boat setting off against the water.

I look over to Spencer next to me and see her looking down at her tiny bump, softly rubbing it with a smile on her face, "You're going to be an amazing mom Spence." I say getting her to look up at me with an even bigger smile.