6. I'd Be Just Fine When You're Gone

"I'm Jessica, Jaime's girlfriend."

Those four words have been swirling around my head for the past five days.

"Who are you?" She said shooting daggers into my face with her eyes.

"Um, no one important. I-I should g-go." I quickly turned around to the front door on my right silently thanking myself for leaving my vans and purse by the door.

I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my bag, opening the front door I quickly took off going as far away as my legs could take me, anywhere was better than there.

I made it down the block and decided it was best I go home, I dried away my tears that were now covering my sight and walked towards my destination.

As soon as I got home Spencer of course asked me what happened, and instead of just keeping it in I told her, she was pissed to say the least and has been a great best friend for comforting me when I felt the need to drown myself in self-pity.

Besides Spencer, I've been working to keep my mind off it all. Now you'd probably think 'why is she so upset with the ordeal anyways, wasn't like they were together.'

Well you're right about that, we weren't together. I'm mostly upset at the fact that he kept it from me, made me feel like he actually cared, slept with me, and only left me to find out for myself that he was in a relationship the whole time.

THAT'S what I'm mad about.

It's finally Saturday and I'm off work today, Spencer decided we'd go out to the bar tonight to 'have fun' and drink. I'm totally up for it, maybe it'll help me loosen up a bit.

"I'm home! Where are you!?" I hear Spencer yell out from the front door.

"In here!" I shout at her, hearing her footsteps come closer to my room.

"Oh, there you are. Whatcha doing sexy?" She says making me laugh and shake my head at her.

"Looking for something to wear for the day, you wanna go grab lunch?" I say going through the endless amount of clothes in my closet.

"Yeah let me go change to something presentable for the public." She says walking out, she just came back from a run and was wearing workout clothes.

"If you stink, take a quick shower please!" I yelled getting a laugh from her across the hall.

"Puh-lease girl, I didn't really go running, I just went down to the donut shop, the hell I look like running. My life is based around food." She says coming back to my door.

I shake my head and laugh going through my clothes again and finding something sensible to wear.

Once we both looked decent we headed out to a nearby French café that we love to eat at, called Café Chloe.

"So have you heard from him?" Spencer asks placing her drink back down on the table.

"No, not since Thursday, I think he's gotten the hint that I don't want to speak to him." I look towards the street on my left, letting the breeze blow my hair lightly around my face.

"Will you ever speak to him again?"

"I really don't know, what sucks is I love the band you know?" I say, Spencer nodding in agreement.

"But he just hurt me, because for the first time I believed someone actually cared." I look down at my hands in my lap.

"He doesn't know what he lost Ari, he messed up. Tony says he's been down since the last time he saw you." She says making me look up at the mention of Tony.