18. All The Small Things

[Christmas Eve]

I walked downstairs after sleeping in longer than I had planned and when I reached the ground floor I found Jaime placing a wrapped box under the tree next to the other twelve or so boxes that have been placed throughout the month.

"Gotcha!" I shouted getting him to jump and hit his on the mantel.

"Ouch!" He sighed rubbing his head lightly.

I rushed over to him but couldn't help but laugh at the same time, "It's not funny you know." He glared at me playfully.

"I know, I know." I say stifling a laugh.

"Are you okay?" I ask after pushing my laughter aside.

"I think I'll live." He smiles.

I nod in approval then feel him place his hands on my waist and begin to tickle me in all the tickle spots he knows of, getting me to burst into fits of giggles.

"Ja-Jaime! S-S-ST-OP!" I scream out as I begin to kick him in attempts to make him stop.

"I'll never stop!" He shouts followed by an evil laugh.

Then as if my wish was answered his phone breaks his concentration and he growls in defeat then goes to grab it from the kitchen counter.

"Hello?" He answers with heavy breathing.

I fix my shirt and hair then walked over to the fridge and grabbed a vanilla coke from inside.

"Okay, we'll see you there." He finishes hanging up and walking over to me, taking the can from my hand and getting a sip.

I glare at him then snatch it back quickly after he's done, "Who was that?"

"It was Mike asking to bring some drinks for tonight." He says opening the fridge and pulling out the last vanilla coke.

I watch as he opens it and before he can take a sip of it I grab it from his grasp and take a large sip, getting him to drop his jaw and glare at me.

"You have your own!" He says taking the can back from me.

"Yeah but it's only fair that I get a drink from yours since you got some from mine." I explain sticking out my tongue.

"Whatever." He laughs.

"What time are we leaving?" I ask following Jaime to the living room.

"Around six, try and beat the traffic." He replies grabbing his keys from the coffee table.

I looked at the time on my phone that read one pm, "Where are you going?"

"The store, gotta get the drinks for tonight. Any requests?" He asks walking over to me.

"Anything is fine with me; maybe some more vanilla coke since you took the last one."

"Okay will do m'lady. I'll be back in a few, love you!" He shouts before shutting the door behind him.

I trudge back upstairs and to the bedroom, going straight for the closet to look for an outfit. I mentally praise myself for going shopping a few weeks ago and buying a cute Christmas outfit unconsciously.

I pulled out the skirt and top along with the shoes Jaime had bought me a month ago and laid it out on the bed, nodding in approval then going to the bathroom to start the shower.

I began my quick shower running a razor over my legs one time making them smooth as can be, once I was done scrubbing my hair and over my body I shut off the water and exited the bathroom immediately being startled by Jaime who jumps from around the corner and scares me.