20. But, Fuck Money We Want Love

I wake up a bit later than usual and drag myself out of bed, I turn to my bedside table and look at the jar that Jaime made me for Christmas and grab a paper from inside. Yellow, I look at the laminated paper tapped to the front of the jar and remind myself what this color holds inside. Moments and Memories, I unfold the piece of colored paper and see Jaime's scratchy handwriting scribbled inside.

For the moment I first laid my eyes on you, I tried to keep my cool but you were so hot I was melting inside. And your voice! It relaxed my nerves instantly and that was the moment I knew I had to know you far more than just Arianna the baker.

I placed my hand over my mouth and stifled a laugh at the goofiness coming off that little paper, I opened the drawer to my table and pulled out the little box inside flipping open the lid and placing that note in there along with the others I've already read then placing it back into the drawer and shutting it.

I walked over to the bathroom and began my normal routine then got dressed for the day. I rummaged through the closet and pulled out some clothes and placed them on the bed to pack for the next four days.

I grabbed Jaime's big suitcase from under the bed as well as the other from the hall closet and began placing some of his clothes in there seeing as he likes to leave packing for the last minute.

After about an hour of packing clothes and other tour essentials Max waddled his way into the room and jumped on my leg scratching on it lightly.

"Are you ready for a walk?" I ask looking down at him with a smile.

He whines and wags his tail freely at the word walk.

"Okay let's go, mommy wants some Starbucks anyways."

I walk with him downstairs and hook his leash on; grabbing my phone and keys, we walk out into the sun and begin our way to Starbucks.

Luckily the Starbucks down the street allows dogs inside as long as you hold onto them; I look down at Max and take him into my arms knowing that soon he will have to wait outside for me since he'll get too big to carry.

I walk up to the register and order my usual, Vanilla Bean Frappuccino, and wait off to the side for it to be ready.

"Arianna?" I hear from the side of me.

I turn to the direction of the voice and see an unfamiliar face; she was tall and skinny with slightly tanned skin, golden brown eyes and long brunette hair that make her eyes stand out tremendously.

"Yes?" I ask still unaware of whom she was.

She walks over to me, just as they finished up my drink, and smiles at me, "It's me Katelyn."

"Oh my God." I say completely dumfounded.

"How've you been, geeze it's been ages." She says giving me a hug.

"I've been good, how about you?" I ask, my guard remaining as sturdy as ever considering how things went the last time we spoke.

[Flashback five years ago]

"Arianna, if you're gonna continue to live with this guy then I can't be friends with you." Katelyn says tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Neither can I." Emma speaks up crossing her arms over her chest.

"Are you guys serious? You're just going to stop being my friends?" I ask holding back tears that were threatening to spill out.

"Well yeah, I'm not going to stay friends with someone stupid enough to stay with a guy that treats her like crap." Katelyn says sternly.

"But he's a good guy, sometimes we argue, every couple does that." I explain.