1. This Couldn't Be More Unexpected

SLAM!

I'm quickly pulled out of sleep by the slamming of the front door. I wait a minute to make sure it's not a trick then quietly get up and make my way to the bathroom door taking the gold knob into my shaking hand I quickly unlock it and slowly open the door, the creaking unmasking my sneakiness.

I tiptoe out of the bathroom and walk into the living room, when I finally make my way through the apartment I realize I'm finally alone. I look over at the clock and see that it reads ten o'clock, shit, I'm late for work.

I run into my room and pull out jeans from my bottom drawer and a Pierce The Veil band tee from the closet hanger, then I make my way to the door and grab my house key off the hook and my purse from the coat rack and open the door closing and locking it on my way out.

I run down the steps skipping two at a time and make my way down the street to the bakery I work at. I don't have a car, Sean won't let me have one, he thinks I'll take it to meet up with other guys, ironic?

So I walk to most places or have my best friend pick me up and take me places without Sean knowing. I open the door to the bakery I work at and immediately put my things behind the counter and grab an apron to start working. I love baking, besides music it keeps my mind occupied and makes me calm and relaxed.

"Arianna, is that you?"

I smile as I hear the voice of Lisa my boss and the only mother figure I've really had walk from the back kitchen.

"Did you just come in?"

I turn around to face her, short black hair above her shoulders; she's about five feet tall, tan skin just like mine, light brown eyes and has a thick Mexican accent.

"I have no clue what you're talking about; I've been here the whole time." I say turning back around to mix the cake batter in the clear glass bowl.

I can hear her walking towards me and in an instant she swats my arm with her hand. "Yeah yeah, if you say so." She says with a smirk on her face.

I laugh and she places her hand on my right hand to make me stop mixing. "Talk to me Arianna."

I take my hand off the wooden spoon and turn to look at her again, my smile now gone and my eyes looking down at my shoes.

"What happened?"

Seeing as she knows everything that's happened with Sean in the past she can always tell if I'm frustrated because of him which has been a lot lately.

"Nothing, we just got into another fight last night."

Thinking back to the events that occurred in my kitchen just last night "Did he hurt you?" She asked, worry in her voice.

"No, just scared me a little."

"Scared you in what way?" I looked back at her raising my forearm.

"He tried to make me cut myself." Her eyes grew wide

"Go home and pack your stuff, you're coming to live with me." She stated in a stern voice.

"No no no Lisa I can't. He'll find me and I can't do that to you!"

"Nonsense, you're doing nothing to me." She starts walking to the door to let me out.

"No Lisa. I can handle this, trust me, I'm going to talk to him tonight about all of this. He already agreed to sit and talk about his anger problems." I lied, tears already forming from my eyes.

"Fine, but the next I hear of this you're coming to live with me. You deserve so much better Ari."

We walk back around the counter and I give her a hug. "Thank you for looking out for me I know what I'm doing. I'll be fine."