Prologue

My life was going okay only up until about two years ago when my mom's crazy abusiveness got out of control and I had to leave immediately, hence why I'm living with Sean, my sometimes boyfriend.

The reason I say that is because it's like he chooses when he wants to be with me. Some days he will take me out, hold my hand, and talk to me like he loves me. Though, those nights usually end with him only wanting me in bed with him in return. Other nights much like this one, he goes to work then goes straight to the bar afterwards.

It's currently ten at night, the funny thing is, he left for work at six this morning. Meaning he should have been home at three, I think looking at the big black and white clock that hangs over our forty-two inch plasma.

I shake my head and focus my eyes back to the tv watching Full House re-runs. He's probably at Thirsty's getting hammered and talking it up with a very young and naïve brunette that's more than likely sipping on a sex on the beach martini. My stomach churns at the thought of it.

Now, most people would say, "Well, if you know what he's doing then why are you still there?!" Well, I really have no choice at this point. I have no home besides this one, if you could even call it a home.

My mother would finally kill me if I went back with her, my dad left when I was two, which I really don't blame him, I'd leave my mom too if I knew how she was. But still, part of me wishes I knew my dad. I often catch myself thinking about him, I wonder if he's nice, or if I got any of my features or ways of living from him.

My thought quickly vanished as I hear the tumbling of locks opening from the front door. I immediately get up and make my way to the kitchen, turning off the tv before I leave the room.

I grab a plate from the top cabinet above my silver sink and quickly start to put some leftover spaghetti on it.

"Ari!" A shiver runs up my spine as I hear the anger mixed with alcohol in his voice.

"Where are you?!" "I'm in the kitchen." I try to not yell back, because I'm sure that'll anger him more, although I don't know why he's angry in the first place.

"What are you doing?!" He yells his face practically red with anger.

"I'm heating up your plate." I reply calmly.

"I don't want reheated food, especially not leftovers!"

I roll my eyes, not even wanting to waste my breath anymore. "When I tell you to make me food I want that shit fresh!"

Okay now he's being an absurd asshole that makes no sense.

"Well it WAS fresh at one point, but since I didn't know what time you'd decide to finally come home, it ended up getting cold!" Shit, I raised my voice.

His face is now pure red with anger like a tomato ready to explode. He then moves over to me and grabs my arm with a tight grip, I could almost feel the bruise forming on my tan skin.

"You don't raise your fucking voice at me!!" His voice rose with more anger than before.

He's never been one to hit me, but I wouldn't be surprised if he finally did. Before I know it, I'm being pushed against the wall with great force almost making me collapse from the pain rising in my back. I could only image what he's about to do.

"You stupid bitch, you're lucky you have a place to live! I should just leave you with your mom and let her kill you!" His eyes shot down to my forearm and a laugh roars from within his throat.

"It's not like you've never tried killing yourself before." He says in a hushed tone, pointing his finger to my scars from just two months ago.

He quickly moves away from me and walks over to the utensil drawer, opening it and grabbing a knife from the center section, and that's when my eyes went wide.

"What are you doing?" I ask, my voice trembling from the worry in my body.

He smiles evilly and walks over to me, grabbing my right hand he places the knife into my sweaty palm then closes my hand shut. Keeping his hand on my forearm he moves himself behind me taking my left forearm into his grip. Laughing he tries to move my right hand with the knife over my left wrist.

"No! what are you doing?!" I scream trying to get out of his grip, only making him tighten me more.

Tears brimming in my eyes, he moves my hand with the knife over my left wrist lightly tracing a line over it. "Just leave me alone!" I cry out.

"Why are you so scared? You weren't scared when you were doing it in the bathroom!"

I finally get out of his grip and run into the bathroom and lock the door. "Arianna come out of there!" His yelling practically making the door shake.

I crawl up against the bathtub and pull my legs up to my chest. I burry my head in my legs and soft sobs begin to form from my mouth.

"Come out Ari!" his banging becoming more soft.

I peek my head out and look at my wrist grabbing it and brining it over my thumping heart. My breathing getting slower and my tears starting to dry as I realize Sean stopped yelling for me to come out.

"Babe look I'm sorry, please just come out. Let's talk about this. Please come out."

I look at the door and contemplate whether I should open the door or not, I bring my knees up to my chest again wiping away any leftover tears on my cheek.

"Damn it Arianna! You piece of shit!"

The tears forming again as I re-burry my face in my legs, the next thing I knew, I was falling into a dreamless sleep.