Chapter Two

Your POV

After a 20 minute car ride we finally made it to the museum. Didn't seem too busy thankfully, even Bruce sighed with relief. We walked into the first exhibit, The Egyptians. I was so excited, I spent what felt like forever at each information section, reading carefully, I was very interested, sounds very nerdy I know, but not leaving the apartment so much made me want to learn about our world and its past. Once I had finished reading the last sign, I noticed Bruce was already in the next exhibit, I glance around and noticed it was the Captain America exhibit. I wandered over to Bruce, "Don't you work with him? So shouldn't you know all this about him", he gave a slight chuckle and shook his head, "I know lots about him yes, but I know more personal things, like what's happening these days, rather than how his life was back then", I nodded as I understood, I guess he doesn't really talk to him as much. 

Suddenly the room became loud as a group of students walked in. Looks as though they're from the local school, Midtown High School. As much as I hated to admit it, I was jealous of them. Yes my dad protects me by keeping me home, but I always feel lonely and wished I had some friends,  I wish I went to a high school. "Oh crap", Bruce broke my thoughts as his voice sounded panicked. "What's wrong?". He stayed quiet, his face was pale. "Bruce?" his eyes were focused on a boy, did he know him?  The boy turned to us and started to walk over, I could see panic all over Bruce's face. "Bruce!!" The boy called out. "Uh, hi Peter", Bruce managed to say. "What are you doing here?" The boy asked. "I'm bringing my student here for a bit of learning" he managed to say confidently. The boy turned to me. "Oh uh H..hi, I'm Peter, Peter Parker", he seemed to be caught of guard. I gave him a small smile, "Hi, I'm Y/N". "So how come you don't go to school?" Peter awkwardly asked. I went to speak but Bruce stopped me. "Uh no reason Peter, maybe you should get back to your class" I looked up to him with a confused look. "Oh, right yes, I'll see you later Bruce, Y/N, it was nice to meet you" He smiled at me. "You too" I replied and he returned to his classmates. There was an awkward silence between me and Bruce, "So.. how do you know him?" I asked. Bruce sighed, "He has a Stark Internship", I forgot they were a thing. "Oh okay, he seemed nice, never met anyone my age". Bruce looked sad. "What?" No response. I decided to just leave him alone and wandered through the museum by myself. It gave me a sense of freedom, I liked it. But Bruce didn't catch up with me, which was slightly concerning. I reached the end of the museum and sat on a bench waiting for Bruce to come out. I texted him but no response. 

"Uh hey?" I looked up from my phone, it was Peter. "Hey" I responded. "Have you seen Bruce? I wandered away from him in the museum and I haven't seen him since". Peter sat next to me. "I'm sorry I haven't, the museums closed now anyway, so maybe he left?" I sighed out of frustration "He's not supposed to leave without me, my dad is gonna kill him". "Maybe he went back to the Avengers tower, maybe there was an emergency" I turned to him. "Maybe", "Thank god you knew he worked there, I didn't know if you did so I was afraid I spilt a secret" he laughed. I couldn't help but laugh at him. "You can come with me if you like, its not that far from here and I was heading there anyway, so maybe we could find him" My first thought was, 'aw how nice, that will help' but then I came to realisation 'crap, my dad works there'. "So wanna come with me?" Peter knocked me out of my thoughts, "Uh yes please, that would be nice". I decided it was best not to tell him my dad was Tony Stark, I doubt he actually spoke to him anyway considering he was just an intern. We stood up and walked through the parking lot and headed towards the main road. "He must have gone, the parking lot is empty" I said breaking the silence. Peter nodded. 

We made it into the city, It had been awhile since I was last here . "Woah", I was speechless, It was dark and the city just glowed above us. Peter laughed, "You never been to the city?" he raised an eyebrow. I looked down at the ground, "I have but it's been awhile, I don't leave the house that often". Peter stopped. "Wait, what? Why?". I stopped and turned to him. "My dad is protective, he feels that it's better that I don't go out into the world, especially with things coming from other planets and such, he's just trying to protect me" I gave him a small smile. "I get that, but isn't it lonely? Do you have any friends?". "Does Bruce count?" I laugh, he shakes his head. "Bruce is your tutor its different" he stated. He was right. "True, but in response to, if I feel lonely question, I do get quite lonely especially since my dad works a lot". We carried on walking. "What about your mom?" He asks. I sighed "My mom died when I was little". "Oh I'm sorry about that." He responded. "My parents died when I was young, Since then I've been raised by my Aunt May". I felt sorry for him, I had only lost one parent but he lost both, it made me feel very grateful to have my dad. "I'm sorry, Peter". He gave me a small smile. It was nice meeting Peter, It felt like I had a friend.

"We're here!" Peter announced, I looked up at the tall building, I saw the Avengers Logo light up, high in the sky, it was beautiful.