Chapter Eighteen

Your POV

-Later that night-

"Hey kid." My dad said walking into my room, I turned away from doing my homework. "Hey dad." I replied. "I have something to give you." He said handing me a book. "This was your mothers, It was when she first got her powers, I know it's be 3 weeks since you got yours, but I'm sure this could be useful." I opened the book, it was full of notes and sketches of everything she discovered about her powers. "Woah this is cool, is this what you went away for, to get this book? "I asked referring to when he left. He nodded his head, "Yeah, I got it from your grandparents, they miss you and love you by the way." He replied, I smiled, it had been so long time since I last saw them. "Oh that also reminds me." He said pulling out a box from his pocket, "Your grandmother wanted you to have this, it was your mothers from when she was your age." I opened the box and it was a beautiful ring, it was a rose gold band with 6 white stones on it. One main one and three on each side, it was beautiful. "Oh my god it's beautiful." I said placing the ring on my right middle finger,(Picture above) "Now I can always carry something that was moms around with me." I said smiling. My dad kissed my forehead, "I love you kid." He said, "Love you too dad." and he left my room. 

I finished my homework and laid on my bed, I started reading the book my dad gave me. The first power my mom acquired was energy like me. There was lots of anecdotes of her accidentally throwing my grandad across the room, thought it was a little funny. "Hey doll." Bucky said walking into my room and laying next to me. "Hey." I replied. "What you reading there?" He asked pointing at the book. "It's the journal my mom kept when she first got her powers." I said handing him the book. He scanned through a few pages, "Wow she was one powerful lady." He said smiling. "Yeah it appears so, I wonder what the accident was that caused her to gain the powers, also how did I get them, it doesn't quite seem like a genetic thing." I replied. "Maybe she passed them onto you, so she'd always be protecting you." he said, "I like that idea it's sweet." I said. "So, I didn't just come here to stare at your pretty face. It's one of the reasons but not the main reason." He said. "What is it?" I asked. "I finished prisoner of Azkaban, like a week ago." He said trying not to laugh, "Oh my god." I said rolling over and laughing, getting up of my bed. I walked over to my bookshelf and grabbed Goblet of fire and threw it at him gently, "Beware that ones sad." I said laughing and laying next to him. "I think I'm gonna get you the books for Christmas." I said "Then I won't have an excuse to come see you without your dad questioning." he replied poking my nose. "Alright fair enough, I'll just have to come up with something else." I replied. "It's only November Doll, plus you don't need to get me anything." Bucky replied. I gave him a look, "I don't get a choice do I?" He said smiling. "Nope, everyone gets a present." I said smiling back. "Fair enough." he replied. "Wanna watch Prisoner of Azkaban since you've read it now?" I asked him. He smiled, "It's like you read my mind." He replied. "Don't have that ability thank god, just good at guessing." I said laughing and grabbing my tv remote. I turned on the tv and turned on Prisoner of Azkaban. My dad walked past my room and walked backwards and walked into my room, "What's going on in here?" He asked sternly then saw my tv and shook his head "Never mind, I can't be bothered to deal with that thank god it's not playing in the living room." he said then left my room. I just started to laugh, "I thought I was about to be murdered." Bucky said laughing. "Me too." I replied still laughing. 

Two hours later and the movie ended. "So the prisoner was good then?" He asked me. "Did you or did you not read the book?" I replied. "I did but I'm still confused." he stated. "Yes he's good, he was framed." I replied. "Right, okay got it." he said. "Y/N! Come here!" My dad shouted from downstairs. "Oh great what now." I said to Bucky getting up and leaving my room, Bucky followed. We walked downstairs and Peter, Mj and Ned were stood there. "Oh uh Hi guys." I said awkwardly a little confused. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "I'm an intern remember." Peter replied a little harshly. I rolled my eyes, "Wasn't talking to you." I replied. "Peter said it was cool if we tagged along." Mj said. "It's not but your here now, can't change that." My dad honestly said. "Sorry Mr Stark." Peter said. My dad nodded and walked back to the lab. "Woah it's the guy with the metal arm." Ned said referring to Bucky stood behind me. "Ned!" I said shocked he just said that. "What?" He asked. "You can't just go around shouting that, he's a person. Have a little respect." Mj said. "It's alright." Bucky said. "You must be Mj." Bucky spoke to Mj, she nodded her head. "Thanks for helping Y/N today, with the small panic attack." He said, I coughed out of embarrassment. "No problem." She said smiling at him. "You had a panic attack?" Peter asked innocently. "When she ran out the gym this morning." Mj replied. "Oh.. " Peter replied. "Right, I'll leave you with your friends, I gotta go stalk to Steve." Bucky said squeezing my arms gently. "Okay." I said and he left the room. "Do you guys wanna come up to my room, while Peter does whatever he came here for?" I asked. Mj and Ned nodded and we went upstairs leaving Peter.