Chapter Thirty Four

"So, You're hiding his shield in my room?" I questioned Wanda with a raised eyebrow.

"Well yeah, he's less likely to be in here." Wanda stated like it was obvious.

"But Bucky is always in here, so Steve comes in here quite a bit" I replied, knowing he would probably spot it, or Bucky might see it and tell Steve. 

"That's why it's perfect, he wouldn't suspect it to be in here, therefore he wont snoop around for it" She replied and I shook my head. "Come on trust me" She added.

"What if Bucky finds it?" I asked, since Bucky basically lives in here.

"Does he go in your closet?" She asked.

"Yes, he keeps some of his clothes in there" I replied.

"Great, I forgot he lives in here" She replied sarcastically. "What about under your bed?" She suggested. 

I sighed, "I suppose but if Bucky finds it, I'm saying I had no idea it was there" I replied, rolling my eyes.

"That's fine" She replied. I lifted up my mattress and Wanda managed to slide the shield between the boards of the bed. I then put the mattress down. "Freaky how you can just casually lift that mattress up it looks heavy" She stated and I laughed.

"It freaks me out too sometimes" I replied honestly and flopped onto my bed.

Wanda flopped down next to me, "Since we're on your bed. How has the sleeping been?" She asked.

"How do you think it is with two super soldiers that have constant nightmares?" I replied.

"Right, dumb question really" She replied with a nervous chuckle. "Have you thought about seeing a-" 

"Don't finish that sentence, it didn't work with my dad. It won't work with you" I replied, a little too harshly. Wanda stayed quiet. "Look I'm sorry, I just don't like talking about it and my dad keeps pressuring me to get a therapist, I know he means well but I just don't want too, or at least not yet" I added.

"It's okay, I get it." Wanda replied as she sat up put her hand on my arm. "Now I have a date to attend so I'm going to have to love you and leave you" She added and jumped off the bed. Vision had just gotten back from a very long mission and they needed some alone time.

I laughed slightly, "Have fun, tell Vision I said Hi" I replied and she nodded and left. 

It was getting late so I hopped in the shower, feeling a little drained after teleporting a lot and then getting hit by an energy blast from Wanda. Teleporting has its positives but it does take a lot of energy out of you. 

After I finished in the shower I got out and changed into my pyjamas and head into my room to see Bucky's back facing me. "Hey when did you come in here?" I asked. But he didn't turn around or say anything. "Buck?" I questioned and walked closer to him to see he was holding Steve's shield in the bag Wanda put it in. My eyes widened. "So you had his shield?" I lied.

Bucky turned to me. "No, it was under your bed, any ideas?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No, wait why was you looking under my bed?" I asked. 

"I saw the material of the bag poking out at the bottom, then checked and saw it" He replied. 

I scrunched my eyebrows together, "Weird, I didn't notice it. I wonder who put it there" I lied again. 

"So you and Wanda didn't steal Steve's shield?" He asked as he raised his eyebrow and put the shield down  on the bed.

"Nope, well I didn't. I don't know about Wanda" I lied once again, at first I thought he was buying it but he started moving closer to me.