Chapter Seventeen

Your POV

It's Monday, Its been a little over a week since we were in Siberia and... its been 4 days since me and Bucky kissed. We haven't spoke much since then because everyone has been on a lot of missions also I've still been hiding in my room, but coming out occasionally so no one worries about me. I decided to go back to school today, I think a week off was good enough. I got ready and headed out to the lounge. 

No one was here, great how am I supposed to get to school. "Morning Y/N." a voice said coming from behind me making me jump. I turned around. "Oh my god Mr Fury you made me jump." I said. He gave a slight chuckle, "Everyone's out on a mission." He stated. "I guessed that." I replied. "Your dad has informed me of your powers. Perhaps you could put them to you use and join the Avengers." He said. I shook my head, "As much as that sounds great, I don't really want to do that." I replied, he gave me a funny look, "Can I ask as to why the hell not?" he asked. "They have Wanda, they don't need me. I don't feel comfortable enough going out into the field, I'm still processing my mothers death and it still haunts me." I honestly replied. He nodded his head, "Alright, I respect your decision but if you ever change your mind, don't be afraid to call me." He said and left the room. Right I've got to go to school, I think I know my way by foot, but If I'm gonna walk there, I'd have to go now, Luckily I don't want breakfast. 

I ran out the compound and began walking to school. After a 20 minute walk, I managed to make it in time.  I walked into the school and headed to my locker, crap I forgot Peters locker was next to mine. I quietly walked past him and opened my locker. "Oh hey Y/N." Ned said. "Hi Ned." I replied. "Where you been? We missed you, right Peter?" he said again nudging Peter "Oh uh yeah." Peter said, not making eye contact. "I've not been very well, all better now." I replied closing my locker. "I'll see you later Ned, Bye." I said and walked off. We had gym first, lovely. I never used to like sports, but now I can actually do them without dying after 5 minutes, it was scary. I headed to the changing room and changed into my PE uniform. "Oh hey Y/N." Mj said. "Hey." I replied. "Where you been? Peter won't tell us anything." She said again. "That's cause Peter is an idiot." I mumbled under my breath. "What was that?" She asked, "Oh nothing, just been sick that's all." I replied, downside to living with the Avengers, you can't tell your friends anything. "Well, we're glad your back" She said with a smile. I smiled back, "Thanks Mj." I replied. "Alright ladies, out into the gym now." The teacher said and we made our wait out into the gym. 

It's mixed gym so the boys are here too, great. Mj went to Ned and Peter. "Aren't you coming over here Y/N?" Mj asked. "I'm good thanks, I'll stay by myself." I replied. "Okay, what did Peter do?" She asked. I stayed silent. "Peter what did you do?" Mj asked, he also stayed silent. "Did he break you and your boyfriend up? Is that why you've been gone a week?" Flash asked now including himself into the conversation. "What boyfriend?" Mj asked. "Dude with the metal arm that was at her party." He replied. I could hear people starting to whisper throughout the gym. "So did Peter break you two up? cause its obvious Peter likes you." Flash said again. First of all I cannot even expose that Bucky and I aren't together but second of all, Peter likes me? was never obvious to me. I was literally speechless I didn't know what to say. Mj walked up to me. "Are you okay?" she whispered. "I'm fine!" I accidentally shouted, people began to stare. I sighed, "No peter didn't break me and Bucky up , Peter is just an ass, and Flash stay the fuck out of other peoples businesses." I accidentally said, He was annoying me so much that it just slipped out. At least it was just words that slipped out and I didn't accidentally throw him across the room, that would raise some questions I'm not prepared to answer yet. "Alright ladies and gentleman lets get back to the lesson shall we, or do I need to call home?" A teacher said walking up to us. "I just need a minute." I said and ran out the gym and ran out into the corridor. 

I started breathing heavily again, why here? Ugh. Maybe I wasn't ready to come back to school. I slid down the wall trying to catch my breathe and sat on the floor. A figure appeared next to me and sat next to me, it was Mj. "I'm sorry." She said, "W..what f..for?" I asked, still struggling to breath. "Okay this is more important, are you okay?" She asked, I nodded "Okay uh, breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out." She said panicking a little. My breathing relaxed ."Okay I'm okay now thanks, what are you sorry for?" I asked. "For making you lash out." She replied. I shook my head, "It wasn't you, it's been stressful the past week, I wish I could talk about it but I can't its Avenger stuff." I replied. She nodded, "Wait so you're an avenger?" she asked, I shook my head and laughed, "Definitely not, but I got dragged into something that scarred me." I replied, "Oh okay, since you can't talk about it lets talk about something else. This Bucky guy, how long have you guys been together?" She said. I laughed, "We're not actually together. Just at my party Flash was making me uncomfortable so Bucky came to my rescue and told Flash he was my boyfriend." I replied, she laughed. "That's pretty funny, but do you like him, Bucky?" She asked, my face went a little red, "Oh my god you do." She squealed. "What's he like?" She asked. "He's really nice and caring and always makes me special. See this necklace." I showed her the necklace he got me, "He got me this for my birthday, but he was too shy to give it to me in front of everyone so he gave me it secretly." I said, she had a huge smile on her face, "Awww that's so sweet, so your definitely not together?" She said. I shook my head, "Definitely not." I replied. "Does Peter know that?" She asked. "He does but why does that matter?" I replied. "He cares for you Y/N, is that why you two aren't talking." she said. "He does not and he proved that last weekend, look I can't talk about this, can we just go back to gym?" I asked and stood up, she nodded and we made our way back to gym.