Chapter Five

Your POV

Finally all my stuff was brought to my new room at the Avengers Compound. The room was slightly bigger than the one at the apartment. I started to unpack and a few  hours later my room was done (looks something similar to the picture above, but if you have a different style imagine it like your style ☺). When I was unpacking, I went through my books and now I have box full of around 25 unwanted books. I decided to talk to my dad to see if he could ask everyone if they were interested in some book. If not they would get donated. 

My dad was in his new fancy office/workspace with Bruce, my dad looked in his element. I knocked on the door, my dad waved at me to come in. "Hey kid, unpacked?" I nodded. "I went through all my books and I have around 25 I don't want, I was wondering if you could ask everyone if they wanted any, they're all in good condition, so if no one wants any I'll donate them" He smiled. "We'll ask them together at dinner, sound good?". I nodded and left them to work. I made my way back to my room. "Hey Y/N!" It was Natasha. I turned to look at her. "Hey" She gave me a warm smile. "Not a big talker I see, complete opposite to your dad then" I laughed. "oh don't worry I'll get to that stage once I know you all better" She laughed. "So, you excited to start Midtown High School?" I nodded. "So excited, does that make me a nerd?" I could feel my face go red. She shook her head. "I don't think so, considering your past, I think people will let it slide" I smiled, she was right, I had every right to be happy. "So since its your first night here, we thought we'd order pizza how does that sound?" I squealed, I love pizza. "Sounds pretty good to me". She smiled. "Alright then I'll get to ordering it then, oh and by the way, feel free to call me Nat, see you in a bit." and she walked off. 

About an hour later my dad called me down, this was the first time I was going to see everyone again and possibly others. I was starting to get very nervous. I slowly walked down the stairs hearing laughter and talking. There was a lot more people than I expected. Nat spots me and swiftly parts from the group. "Hey, you alright?". I gave her an awkward smile. "I wasn't expecting so many people". She rubs my arm, "Don't worry, you'll be alright", she guided me towards the group. "Ah Y/N your here" my dad yells out, so much for not wanting attention. My dad coughed to get everyone's attention. "Everyone who wasn't at the meeting, this is my daughter  Y/N", "Hi" I said quietly, there was so many people staring at me. "Okay so this is Bucky Barnes, he lives here". "Hey" he smiled as he replied. I noticed he had a metal arm, I tried not to stare at it but I was fascinated by it, what happened that made him need it? But I sensed he had a troubled past so I mental noted not to bring it up. "This is Hope and Scott, they don't live here. " he said while pointing at the couple at the end, they waved at me "This is Thor and his brother Loki, we like Thor here but not Loki but he promised not to kill us so we allow it" A massive grin was wiped across Loki face, my eyes widened. "Ah Little Stark, it's nice to meet you, ignore anything my brother says", Thor said while patting his brothers back, he seemed nice. "Unless its useful information, then for your sake I would listen" Loki spoke after Thor, I just nodded to not be rude. "They live in Asgard, but occasionally stay here so don't be scared if they appear out of no where" Nat said while laughing, I nodded. "And of course you know Rhodey". I met Rhodey a few times since he was close friends with my dad. I decided to eat on the couch with peter as there was way too many adults. 

A few hours later everyone was still here. "So you nervous for tomorrow?", ah yes my first day at Midtown. " A little, but mostly excited." he smiled. "I think you'll be okay, you can just chill with me and Ned and sometimes MJ, depends on if she can bothered" we laughed. "Sorry we're late, date night didn't exactly go to plan" The voice sounded similar to the computer software my dad used to have, Jarvis, I used to talk to him a lot, I guess he was my only friend growing up, but one day my dad stopped using him and switched to Friday. I turned to see what appears to be a man but was red and had a yellow stone sticking out of his forehead. He was wearing a casual suit, Next to him, holding his hand was a woman with red hair, in a cute dress. "That's quite alright Vision. Vision, Wanda. This is my daughter Y/N" he said while bringing them over. "Wow it is you, oh how you have grown". I stood there confused. "Oh where are my manners, I'm vision. I used to be labelled as Jarvis, we used to talk a lot while you grew up". Oh wow technology had come far, turning computer software into a living creature, was insane. "Woah" that's all I could say. "It's aright Y/N, you'll get used to him" my dad said interrupting my thoughts. "And I'm Wanda, finally another girl in the house, not that I don't love Nat, I do love her,  It's just nice to have another woman", I laughed, "It's nice to meet you". She smiled, and her and Vision walked into the kitchen area. "Woah so you met him when he wasn't exactly living?" Peters curiosity kicked it. "It would appear so" I laughed.

"Hey dad, before I head to bed, could you ask about the books?" I whispered to him. He nodded his head. I ran to my room and grabbed the box, scratch that. I couldn't even lift it, it was so heavy. Why were they so heavy?  "Need a hand?" I turned to see Bucky stood against my door frame. "Uh yes please, although its very heavy..." before I could even finish my sentence he swiftly picked it up like it was a box of feathers. "Heavy you say?" he raised an eyebrow, and laughed. I scrunched my eyebrows together at him. "Well for me it's heavy" I pouted. "Don't worry when you grow up your muscles will grow too". I pouted again "You say that like I'm 2". He laughed "Well with all that pouting ..."before he could finish his sentence I cut him off "Don't you dare finish that sentence", he laughed. "Anyway where are these books going?" he said after he stopped laughing. "Downstairs to where everyone is". He nodded. "Okay lets go" he said while leaving my room. He placed the box down on the table. "Thankyou", he smiled. "No problem." My dad coughed again to get everyone's attention. "My daughter has some old books she doesn't need, if any of you want them help yourself". "Don't worry if you don't want them I'll just donate them" I stated. Surprisingly everyone dived in looking at all the books, Thor and Peter even argued over 1 book, unfortunately for Peter, Thor won, I giggled at him pouting "Shut up" he said innocently,  once he spotted me laughing at him. After 15 minutes the box was empty and almost everyone had a book and some had 2. "I guess everyone wanted a book then" Bucky stood next to me. "I guess so, wasn't expecting anyone to want one". I glanced at his hand with a book in it. "Which book did you managed to grab?" He showed me. "Ah Harry Potter and the Philosopher's (/Sorcerer's) Stone one of my favourites" he raised an eyebrow. "And your getting rid of it because...?" I laughed, "I had a spare copy" he nodded. "Fair enough, I don't even know what its about, never heard of it" I gasped. "I'll let it slide that you haven't read Harry Potter, but you never watched it?". He stood confused. "I haven't watched a lot of things... your dad hasn't spoken to you about my situation before has he?" situation? I had no idea what he was talking about so I just shook my head. "I'll explain one day, maybe while we watch this Harry Potter that your so fond of?" He asked. I smiled "Sure".  

An hour later everyone left or went to bed, so I went to my room and jumped into bed, excited for tomorrow. What will it be like at a High School? As my thoughts went wild I drifted off to sleep.