Chapter Sixteen

Your POV

A few hours later we arrived in Siberia. We landed in a deserted snowy area, there was a a bunch of large rocks piled next to where we landed. We left the Quinjet, The wind was high and snow was falling. We walked towards the rocks, as we got closer it revealed some sort of entrance. The door was already open, presuming the doctor was already here. "He can't have been here more than a few hours." Steve said. "Long enough to wake them up." Bucky replied. We slowly made our way into the Hydra facility, and stepped into an elevator, the elevator moved down. We reached the ground and walked out of the elevator. We crept through the corridors Bucky being first, pointing his gun in all directions, while Steve shielded me. Bucky walked up some steps. Suddenly a loud thud echoed behind us. Steve stood in front of me with his shield, standing in-between him and Bucky, Bucky was pointing his gun towards the door. The door creaked. "You ready?" Steve said. "Yeah." Bucky replied. The door opened up. It was my dad. My dad walked through the door, joining us in the corridor, he then removed his helmet. "You seem a little defensive." My dad said. "It's been a long day." Steve replied. "At ease, soldier, I'm not currently after you two, Also Y/N you can come out from behind Rodgers, You're not in trouble." My dad said, I moved out from behind Steve. "Then why are you here?" Steve asked, with his shield still up. "Could be your idea's not so crazy." My dad replied. "Maybe." Steve replied. My dad kept looking around like he was hesitant on what to say. "Ross has no idea I'm here, I'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise, I gotta arrest myself" My dad said. "Well, that sounds like a lot of paperwork." Steve replied. Steve lowered his shield. "It's good to see you, Tony." Steve said. "You too, cap." My dad replied. "Hey, Manchurian Candidate, you're killing me. There's a truce here, you can drop the weapon" My dad said referring to Bucky with his gun still up "It's fine Bucky." I whispered. He nodded and lowered his gun. 

We wandered further into the facility, my dad leading the way, Steve kept me in between him and Bucky. "I got heat signatures. "My dad said. "How many?" Steve asked. "Uh... one." My dad replied. I don't think that was the answer we were expecting. We walked into a giant room, as we walked in further 5 incubator type tanks, lit up. Revealing the 5 super soldiers. A man on a speaker spoke out "If it's any comfort, they died in their sleep." We looked around at the bodies more. "Did you really think I wanted more of you?" The man spoke again. "What the hell?" Bucky whispered. "I'm grateful to them, though. They brought you here, especially the small one." The man spoke again, referring to me.  The man then revealed his face in the room in front of us. My dad held up his hand while Steve threw his shield at the door to the room, it didn't do anything except bounce back to Steve, he caught it. "Please, Captain. The soviets built this chamber to withstand the launch blast of UR-100 rockets." The man spoke again. "I'm betting I could beat that." My dad replied. "Oh I'm sure you could, Mr Stark. Given time. But then you'd never know why you came." The man said. "You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here?" Steve asked. Steve walked up to the window where the man was. "Not specifically you, but I knew you'd bring her along." He said pointing to me. " I thought about nothing else for the past few months since Tony Stark revealed to the world he had a daughter, I studied every piece of information that I got about her, including revealing some to the world." He said, which could explain how people knew about my birthday. "But now that she's standing here, I see there is more to her than the world knows, regarding her powers." He said chuckling while staring at me. I lost all ability to think, I had zero clue why he wanted me here. "You're Sokovian, It that what this is about?" Steve asked, "Sokovia was a failed state, long before you lot blew it to hell." He was referring to incident a few years back with Ultron. "No, I'm here because I made a promise." He said. "You lost someone?" Steve asked. "I lost everyone, and you will lose her as I know she is very important to all of you." the man replied.

He clicked a button and a screen turned on, we walked towards the screen. The video began to play. "I know that place." My dad said. It looked like some sort of lab. "What is this?" My dad shouted. The man said nothing. The video dated 20 October 2009, a little over 11 years ago, 2 days before my 7th birthday. It showed a chair and a few people stood around, from the bottom of the screen 2 men dragged a woman on the chair and strapped her in. I looked closer at the woman. "Mom..." I said. Although the video had no sounds I could hear her screams, seeing my mom in pain made me tear up. "Tony, it's the video." Bucky said. My dad nodded, "Turn it off now!" my dad shouted. "I don't think I will." The man replied. Bucky appeared into view of this video, he just stood at the side of my mom. A man moved closer to my mom and took the tube that was connected to some fluid and put the needle into her arm. The man turned the machine on. The liquid ran through my moms veins and since she had powers the veins became visible through her skin. I could see my mom was screaming in pain. I felt like I couldn't breathe. "As you can see they didn't succeed into turning your mother in a super soldier, it was killing her so they fled." Everyone on screen including Bucky ran off screen, leaving my mom dying. "Turn it off!" I yelled. I saw my dad run on screen and untie my mom but it was too late, she was gone. The video ended. I know I knew how she died, but seeing it happen is another thing, this shattered my heart. I felt numb, empty. Bucky pulled me into a hug.