Chapter Thirty Six

You sat at your desk in your room, going over the file

You sat at your desk in your room, going over the file. This was going to be your first official mission and you started to feel anxious. Not only was you afraid you would screw it up. You were going to be gone from Bucky for so long. The most the pair of you were separate for was the three days you were unconscious for back in January. So this would be something you would both have to get used to, but you were going to miss him very much.

You heard your door open and then close again but you stayed focused on the file until you felt someone squeeze your arms gently. "It will be fine doll" Bucky whispered.

You sighed and put the file down. "But what if it's not?"

Bucky spun your chair around and crouched down so you were looking at him. "You are smart and strong, I believe you can get through this"

You looked him in the eyes and he gave you a warm smile. You placed your hands on his cheeks and pulled him into a kiss. He lifted you up and sat on the chair, placing you onto his lap. You snuggled into him. "Thankyou, I wish my dad could see that"

He stroked your hair, "He will, he's just worried. He's your dad, he has every right to be, give him time".

"Yeah, you're right", you admitted. "Were going to be away from each other for a long time", you barely whispered, but he heard you and sighed.

"Yeah, but you won't be alone, you'll have Pietro and I know he'll take care of you", Bucky tried to cheer you up, but deep down he was sad you were having to leave tomorrow.

"He's not you though", you replied.

"Hey, look at me" Bucky said rubbing your cheek.

You looked up at him with tears in your eyes, one fell and Bucky wiped it away with his thumb.

"Everything is going to be okay, you can still message and call me, we're just going to be on different parts of the world", he sighed. "Before you know it, the five months will be over"

You nodded, and cuddled back into him, not really wanting to say anything else, but spending your last day with him.

-