Chapter Ten

Your POV

It's Saturday, Part of me was excited for this party but another part of me was nervous. I still had to go shopping with Nat and Wanda so I have no idea how I'd look. I hope nothing goes wrong. "Ready to go to the mall?" Nat said while poking her head around my door. "Yeah." I replied. Me, Nat and Wanda got in the car and headed to the mall. We headed into the clothes store and started dress hunting. "What about this one?", the dress was pink, was a little tight around my body but I sort of liked it. "Nope", Wanda replied. I looked at her confused. "You don't even like it." I swear to god she needs to stop reading my mind. "Wanda seriously, we've talked about this." We laughed. I tried on a few more dresses but none of them felt right. Nat had been staring at one dress for a while and was quiet. "Nat? you okay?" I asked. "Yeah, I think this one will be perfect. I was just trying to imagine you in and I think you'll look beautiful.", she replied and handed me this cute pink dress with lace. I quickly put it on and gasped in the mirror. This dress was beautiful. I walked out the dressing room. "I think I'm in love with dress." (Dress in the picture above).I held the skirt out showing the detailing. Both Wanda and Nat gasped. "Holy crap Y/N you look gorgeous". Wanda managed to say. "I'm literally speechless." Nat said. "Aw thanks guys. So not this dress then?" I jokingly said. "You better get your ass back in that dressing room so we can pay for it." Nat said while laughing. I got changed and paid for the dress. My dad gave me some money to get it. 

"Let's get some lunch, then we can head back to get ready." Wanda said as we headed towards the food court, Nat and I nodded in agreement. We quickly finished our food and headed back to the compound. "Alright hair and makeup first." Nat stated. "Ooo can I do her makeup?" Wanda asked. "Of course." I replied. Since I'm not used to a lot of makeup Wanda did a cute simple, glam look that I loved. Next was hair. Nat curled my hair and styled it in a cute half up, half down look. "Wow." was all I could say. "You look beautiful Y/N" , Nat said. "Thankyou guys." I helped Nat and Wanda do their hair and makeup, I'm not great at either so I mainly assisted. After all our hair and makeups were done we got into our outfits. Wanda wore a pretty red dress and Nat wore a beautiful black dress. "Steve just messaged and said there's a lot of people here already, we should probably go." Nat stated. Oh no . I got really nervous. I don't know if I can do this. "Uh you guys go, I'll be there in a minute." I said. They nodded and headed out to the party. I felt like I couldn't breathe, My head was going dizzy. I sensed there was a figure in my door way. "Oh my.. Y/N you look beauti-, oh my god are you okay?" It was Peter he ran to my side. "ye.. I.. I'm..... totally fine." he didn't believe me. "Okay heavy breathing and look of panic, your having a panic attack, okay um. Breathe, In. Out. In. Out. In. Out" as he was saying this my breathing became steadier, I took a final deep breathe and I was back to normal. "You okay? Need me to get Mr Stark?" Peter asked. I shook my head, "I'm fine now, thankyou. Sorry if I scared you. Nat said there was a lot of people out there and I kind of freaked out." He pulled me into a hug. "Hey, it will be okay don't worry." I pulled out of the hug. "Thanks Peter, I think I'll be okay now." He nodded. "Want me to walk with you?", he asked. "Yes please." 

We started heading out to the party. The music got louder as we got closer to the lounge. My dad stood at the entrance waiting for me. He turned and saw me , "Oh my god, is that my beautiful daughter? My baby looks so grown up." He pulled me into a hug. "Was that a tear I saw?" I teased him, "No, never. That was um, sweat." he tried to play it off. "Of course dad, I forgot about your eyes that sweat." I laughed. I walked into the party with my dad. My dad grabbed a mic, oh god no. I turned to Peter. "Is it too late to cancel the party?" I joked. Peter laughed, "Maybe just a little bit.", I laughed. "Can I have your attention please." My dad called out over the mic and people began to turn and look towards us. I covered my face out of embarrassment trying not to laugh. Kill me. "Today we celebrate my daughter, her turning 18 is very important, even if she doesn't agree. This beautiful, young lady is the smartest, funniest, most understanding and kindest person I know. Yes I'm biased as she is my daughter but I would not lie, she is the best daughter in the world. Happy Birthday Y/N, I love you with all my heart." Aw that wasn't so bad. "Happy Birthday Y/N!" everyone said together. I hugged my dad. "I love you dad,  that wasn't so bad. Thankyou." He squeezed me tight. "I love you too, enjoy yourself tonight. Don't get too drunk." He laughed. "I won't" I replied, and my dad headed into the party. Mj came running up to me with Ned. "Ahh Happy Birthday, holy crap you look so pretty." I smiled. "Thankyou Mj, you look very pretty too." She smiled. "Happy Birthday Y/N", Ned said. "Thankyou Ned, you look very smart in a suit." he laughed. "Thanks." He replied. "By the way we apologise in advance." Mj said. "For what?" I questioned. "You'll know." Peter said. "O..okay?"