Chapter Twenty Four

-Christmas Eve-

Your POV

Ahhh, it's finally Christmas eve. Me and Bucky are in my room wrapping some final Christmas presents. "So you still got Loki a present even though he's an ass?" Bucky asked me. "I already had it before the argument, I may as well give him it." I replied. Bucky just stayed quiet. "I won't give it to him if you want." I said. "No, cause then I'll feel bad that he didn't get anything from you." Bucky said. "Look I'm sorry, I just didn't like what he did." he said again. "Neither did I." I said getting up and sitting closer to him. I put my head on his shoulder. "Don't take what he said to heart, I wouldn't want anyone else." I said. He put his arm around me. "I won't, I love you." He said. "I love you too." I replied.  My phone chimed to say I had a message. I pulled it out of my pocket.

*Text messages between Y/N and Peter Parker*

Peter: Hey, is it still okay me and Aunt May spend Christmas with you guys?

You: Peter how many times do I have to tell you yes?

Peter: 564 times at least.

You: Since I've reassured you for the 50th time in the past week, when are you guys getting here?

Peter: Aunt May is just baking some Christmas cookies, then we will be on our way.

You: Okay, see you soon.

"Was that Peter?" Bucky asked. "Yeah, apparently he still doesn't understand the word yes." I replied laughing. "Is he still asking you that?" Bucky asked. "Yeah, I just think he's nervous. He's not exactly had a big 'family' Christmas before. Which I can relate too, but I just think he needs to be here to believe it's happening." I replied. Bucky nodded his head, "And are you nervous?" He asked. "A little, but mostly excited. But I get to spend Christmas with you so that's the best part." I replied. He smiled. "I would definitely say this Christmas is going to be a thousand times better with you here." he said then giving me a kiss. "To be fair, I've only had one Christmas since the 1940's and that was last year, but either way it's going to be good." He said laughing. I stayed quiet. I just remembered he isn't with his family anymore... "What is it?" Bucky said knocking me out of my thoughts. "Nothing, we should just carry on wrapping these presents." I said getting up and continued wrapping the last presents I had. Bucky just stared at me. "I can feel you staring." I said. "I know, I'm just worried. You've gone quiet." He said. "I'm fine." I replied. "If I've learnt anything from Nat, it's that when a woman says they're fine, they're not." He replied with a slight chuckle. "I really am fine, carry on with wrapping." I said. He decided to just leave it and carry on wrapping, I didn't want to bring the subject of his family up, He's told me about them before, but It's different during this time of the year.

We finished wrapping the last presents and put them in bags so we could carry them to the lounge. "Right is that everyone's?" Bucky asked. "Yes... Wait no." I said running to my wardrobe and bringing another present out. "What is that?" Bucky asked. "Your present." I said laughing. "Your like the only person who comes in my room so I had to hide your present." I added. He shook his head and laughed. "Let's take these to the living room." I said and we carried the bags into the lounge and near the tree. The tree already had lots of presents under it, "Seems somebody beat us to putting presents under the tree first." Bucky said laughing. "Just rude." I joked, while laughing. We put our presents under the tree. "Hey Y/N, Hi Bucky." A voice came from behind us. "Peter Hey! Hey May." I said to them. "Hey Y/N, Where's your dad?" She asked. "He's in the kitchen." I replied, she nodded her head and went to the kitchen. Peter put some presents under the tree. "So do you believe me now?" I asked Peter. "I always believed you." He replied. "Uh huh, so what was with all the those messages?" I asked. "May wanted me to check." He said trying not to sound like he was lying. "Mhm sure." I replied laughing. "Where's Loki?" Peter asked. Me and Bucky looked at each other in confusion. "He's in his room I think, why?" I replied. "No reason, gotta go." He said an ran in the direction of the stairs leading to the bedrooms. "Did I miss something?" Bucky asked. "I don't know cause if you did, I did as well." I replied.