Chapter Twenty Six

-3rd January-

Your POV

"Y/N wake up." A voice said shaking me. I slowly opened my eyes. "Peter?" I said confused. "Everyone got sent on an emergency mission so I was sent to wake you up for school." He said. I groaned and turned over on my bed. "Come on Y/N, you like school." Peter said running to the other side of my bed. "It won't be the same anymore Peter." I said staring at him. His face dropped. "I know, I miss Loki too. But we still need to go." He said pulling my covers of my bed. I glared at him. "I'll let you get ready." He said and left my room. I got up and got ready for school, having zero motivation at all. I got so used to Loki teaching that it was going to be so different. Bruce is still teaching as I still need protection from Hydra, Nick Fury said they're getting closer and closer to the location of the base. 

I walked to the lounge and Peter was sat on his phone. "Ready to go?" I asked him, he jumped. "For someone with 'spidey sense', it clearly doesn't work." I said. "You were literally so quiet, I didn't even hear you." he said laughing. "Let's go." I said with no enthusiasm, and started walking to the lift. Peter ran and caught up to me. We left the building and started walking to school. It was silent the entire way, I didn't feel like talking. We reached the school and headed to our lockers. "Welcome back guys." Ned said greeting us. I just walked past him and went into my locker. "Hey Ned." Peter said. "What's wrong with Y/N?" Ned asked Peter. "Loki's gone." Peter replied. "Oh, but what about the protection she needs?" Ned asked. "We still have Bruce, but I think they're sending in someone else to replace Loki, but I have no idea who it will be." Peter replied. I closed my locker. "Someone looks miserable." Flash said walking up to us. I rolled my eyes. "Also not very chatty, had a bad holiday?" He said again. "Flash leave her alone." Peter said. "No one asked for you to butt in asshat." Flash said. The school bell rung and I walked off to class, English first... lets go see who our new English teacher is.

I walked into the classroom and only a few students were here but no teacher yet. I sat in my seat and got out my stuff. "Are you alright?" Peter said sitting next to me. I nodded my head. "What's going on?" Mj whispered as she sat down. "Loki's gone." Peter whispered back. "Oh." She replied. "Alright class settle down." Someone said walking in. I turned to see Clint walking in. "Oh god." I said under my breathe and putting my hands on my forehead and leaning on them. "Hang on, people know who he is, I'm sure?" Peter said whispering to me. "I don't know." I whispered back. "I'm Mr Barton, I'll be your new English teacher." He said writing his name on the board. "You look familiar." A student pointed out. "One of those faces I guess." He replied and started the lesson. The lesson went well and nobody questioned him, surprisingly. The lesson ended and we started packing up. Clint walked up to us. "Why are you here?" I asked him. "Teaching." He replied. "Uh huh, but your identity is already out in the world and you didn't change anything about yourself." I replied. "It's a risk worth taking." He said. I sighed. "Peter do you just want to wait outside a minute." Clint said and Mj, Ned and Peter went outside. It was just me and him in the classroom now. "What's going on?" He said sitting next to me. "I don't know." I said looking down. "I get it, you miss Loki, but you can't let it consume your life." He replied. I looked up at him. "You said it yourself in November, you have a few months left until you graduate, focus on that, distract your mind. Loki wouldn't want you to be sad all the time." He said with a reassuring smile. "Okay, thanks Clint." I said and stood up and left. 

The rest of the day was the same as always, nothing eventful happened. "Hey" I said to Bucky as I sat in the car. "Hey doll." He said giving me a kiss. "How was your day?" He asked as we started driving. "It was okay, Did you know Clint is the new English teacher?" I asked. "No, that's weird." He replied. "I thought that too." I replied. "How did the mission go?" I asked him. "It was okay but everyone got called out to another one." He replied. I looked at him confused, "Your not with them?" I asked. "Nah, wanted to spend some time with you. Your dad said it was okay." He replied. "Oh okay, fair enough." I said with a slight laugh. We made it to the compound and Bucky parked in the garage. He held my hand as we walked into the compound and up to my room. I sat at my desk and took my work out my bag as Bucky sat on my bed. An hour later I had finished my homework. I turned to see Bucky basically falling asleep. I laughed. "What are you laughing at?" He asked opening his eyes. "Nothing." I said laughing again. "Finished your homework yet?" He asked. "Yeah." I replied and got up and laid on my bed next to him.