Chapter Nine

Your POV

I opened my eyes and noticed I was still in the living room, I felt an arm wrapped around me and I looked to my left and I saw I was leaning on Bucky. My face went red. I fell asleep on Bucky. I just wanted to die right there and then. I guess there is worse ways to wake up, I'm just embarrassed. Bucky was asleep, thank god cause I don't think I could face him right now, but then I remembered his arm was around me, he did that. What does that mean? I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts, perhaps he didn't know he did it. I managed to slip away from his grip without waking him. I put the blanket over him. I checked my phone and saw it was 5 am. I ran to my room and jumped in my bed , I had to be up in 2 hours and usually my dad wakes me up, he say he didn't want me using my alarm since he didn't want the whole compound waking up. I quickly managed to fall asleep. 

"Y/N, wake up kid. You've got school." My dad said while shaking me. He left my room and I got ready. I was about to leave my room and realised I would have to face Bucky, maybe I should pretend like nothing happened, yes I'll do that. He might not even know. But I think he was still watching Chamber of Secrets when I fell asleep. I sighed in frustration. I'll just pretend nothing happened. I am thinking way too much into this, plus if my dad found out about that. Bucky would be a dead man. I left my room and headed to the kitchen. "Morning Y/N" Steve said. "Morning." I replied. He handed me a plate of pancakes and I sat at the table. Bucky was already there. "Morning." I said while sitting down. He looked up and smiled. "Morning doll." I went in my bag that was next to me and handed him the third Harry Potter book (Prisoner of Azkaban), and he handed me Chamber of secrets back. "Thanks", he replied and started to read as he was eating his breakfast.

"Y/N, Steve is going to take you to school this morning. Fury called me into a meeting." My dad said while rolling his eyes. "Okay." I replied. "Ready to go?" Steve asked. I nodded my head. We headed down to the parking garage, and we got into the car and we were on our way. "So... Y/N. I saw something this morning." I turned to him, the way he said that worried me. "What?", I replied. He chuckled, "Well, I woke up around 4am and needed a drink." he paused. Oh nooooooo, if he says anymore. I will jump out of this moving vehicle. "Okay..." I replied quietly. "So I got up and headed to the kitchen,  I passed the living room and saw 2 people still in there, I saw them what appeared to be cuddling, asleep." I coughed out of embarrassment. "How about we listen to some music." I changed the subject and turned the radio on. Steve chuckled. We finally arrived at school, after what felt like the longest car ride in the world. Peter saw the car pull up and ran towards us. "Morning Y/N, morning Mr Rodgers." he said cheerfully. "Morning Peter, have a good day you two, I'll be picking you up later Y/N." Steve said. "Oh great." I said sarcastically. Steve laughed at my response. "Bye." I said after getting out the car. Steve drove away. "What was that about?" Peter asked. "I don't wanna talk about it." I replied. Peter nodded and we headed into school. 

"Sup loser, morning Cutie." Flash greeted us as we entered first period. "Oh gross, will you stop?" I replied. "Nope." He responded. I rolled my eyes and sat down. "So Stark, heard your turning 18 next week. There going to be a party? "Flash asked. "First of all, how did you know that? Second of all no." I replied. "I have my ways." He said with a creepy smile. "Wait it's your birthday next week?" Peter turned to me and ask. "Yeah." I said looking down. I don't usually care about my birthday, it's just another day. I don't like people making a big fuss about it. "Why didn't you tell me?" he said looking at me with concern. "I don't really care about my birthday, it's not important." before Peter could say anything else the teacher came in ready to start the lesson.

Finally lunch time, I was hungry. "Sup nerd." A voice greeted me from my left. "Hey Mj." I giggled. "Peter said it's your birthday next week." she stated. I shook my head. "He can't keep his mouth shut can he?" I laughed. "Nope, what day is it?" She questioned. I sighed. "Come on, I'm just curious." She smiled. "The 22nd, so Monday." I replied. "Cool, cool, cool very interesting." She responded. We laughed. We walked into the cafeteria and Peter and Ned where sat at our usual table. We went and sat with them. "So you two walked here together?" Peter asked kind of worried. "No peter, I flew in on my private jet and bumped into Mj as I got here. Was the much harder option considering we came from the same class." I said sarcastically. "She knows you have a loud mouth." Mj said to Peter. "Ah got it. I feel like as we are your friends we should have known your birthday." He stated. "You know, so we can you a card and a gift." Ned added. "I appreciate the thought guys but I really don't want to make a big deal out of it." Peter ignored me. "Mj did you managed to get the exact day out of her." Peter asked. She nodded her head, "Monday." She replied. "How did I not notice you were up to something?" I asked "Cause your work smart, not socially smart." She replied, her eyes widened as she realised what she said, "Oh my god I'm so sorry I didn't mean for it to come out like that." I just started to laugh. "What?" she asked. Ned and Peter looked at each other in confusion. "Nothing, I just thought it was funny. I wasn't offended if that's what your worried about. I'm aware I haven't been around a lot of people my whole life." I laughed again, Mj sighed with relief. "I'll get you a big birthday present as payment" she stated. "Or get me nothing, that sounds better." I replied. She shook her head. "Y/N you're turning 18 you need presents, its a big step." Peter pointed out. "Like I said it's not an important day, can we just stop talking about it now... please?" I asked. They all agreed but I knew they would talk about it another time.