Chapter Twelve

Your POV

"Hey Y/N, wake up", I opened my eyes to see Nat shaking me. "We got Pizza, was wondering if you were gonna come down and eat. Your dad told us what happened today, so if you want me to bring you some instead then that's fine." She said with a warm smile. I shook my head, " I'll come downstairs." She nodded her head and I followed her down. "Peter, hey!" He ran up to me and hugged me. "How are you feeling? I've been so worried." oh right, I probably should have messaged him before I had nap, whoops. "I'm feeling much better now, don't worry.", "Well you won't be going to school tomorrow." My dad said. "What?, I feel fine now." I questioned him. "You're not going back until we've figured out what's wrong with you." he replied. I rolled my eyes, "It's probably just a cold dad, you're over reacting." My dad shook his head. "You're not going, end of." he added. I groaned, I grabbed a plate and some Pizza and sat at the table. "How are you feeling?" Steve asked. "I'm fine, I don't see why he's being so dramatic." I said referring to my dad. "He just wants to make sure your okay, we all do." He said giving me a reassuring smile. I sighed and just continued eating my pizza. 

A few hours later, I was sat on the sofa with Bucky while we were both reading books. Bucky was still reading Prisoner of Azkaban and I was reading the book Bruce got me for my birthday. "Hey kid." my dad said, interrupting my reading. "Hey dad what's up?" I said putting my book down. "I have a lead on what happened to you, I'm not sure if it right so I won't be giving you any information on it right not. But I have to go away for a few days, I think I'll be able to get some answers." My face dropped. It's been a while since my dad has been away from a long time. "Oh okay." I said with a tear running down my face. He wiped away my tear. "Hey you'll be fine, I wont be long. You have everyone here, and they'll take good care of you. Also I spoke to Bruce and he said you should be safe enough to go to school tomorrow, as long as you feel up to it." He gave a warm smile. "O..okay." I said. He pulled me into a tight hug and grabbed his suitcase and left. I was going to miss him. Bucky moved up on the sofa and put his arm around me. "It's only going to be for a few days, he'll be back before you know." He wiped another tear from my face. I nodded my head. 

I had to set my alarm since my dad wasn't here to wake me up. I quickly stopped it as soon as it rung, not wanting to disturb anyone. I checked my phone and had a message from Nat.

*Text messages between Y/N and Nat*

Nat: Morning Y/N, we got called out onto a mission. Don't worry Bucky is still there, he will drive you to school. Have a good day.

You: Okay Nat, good luck!

I put my phone down and got ready. I couldn't find my bag so I walked to the lounge and still couldn't find it. I walk to the kitchen and Bucky was in there. "Hey have to seen my bag? I've looked everywhere and I can't find it." I said to him as he was cooking breakfast.  He nodded his head. "I think it's still in the car." He replied. I sighed with relief. "Okay thanks." he handed me a plate of food and we sat at the table. "You sure your up for going to school today doll?" he asked. I nodded my head, "I feel fine.", "Okay but if you do feel off, call me and I'll come pick you up. I think everyone's going to be gone all day." he replied. "Okay, I will." I responded. We finished our breakfast and headed to the car. I opened the door. "Oh thank god it's here." I sat in the car and  checked everything was still there. I pulled out the card Peter made and laughed. "What's that?" Bucky asked. "A card Peter made me." I showed him the card, he raised an eyebrow. "When I was packing to move here Peter helped, and when we were done my dad called me to the living room and he was a holding a my little pony,  its a doll version of a horse, he found it in the couch but he thought he got rid of them all when I was 6 cause I had an obsession." I said giving him the context of the card. He chuckled. "My dad hated them, my mom even said once he had a nightmare about them." I laughed at the memory. "What happened to your mom? if you don't mind me asking. Tony has never said anything about her and I was just curious. It's fine if you don't want to say, I completely understand." He asked nervously. I sighed, "I honestly don't know.  I just remembered my dad came home from a mission when I was 7, when my mum was supposedly on a business trip and he said she passed away on the trip. Giving me no answers. I constantly asked what happened but he refused to say, as I got older I noticed it hurt my dad, me always asking so I eventually stopped." I responded. "Oh, sorry to hear that doll." We pulled up outside the school. I looked outside the window and saw Flash staring at us. "Oh crap." I said. "What?" Bucky asked. I gestured at the direction Flash was at.  "Oh, he looks mad?" Bucky replied. "What a shame." I said sarcastically. "I best head into school, thanks for bringing me." I said about to get out. He kissed my cheek, "For the act doll." He said whispering in my ear. "Don't forget to call me if you feel sick." He said pulling away. "I won't bye." I got out the car, shut the door and waved at Bucky and he drove off. I looked at Flash and he gave me and evil stare, I laughed to my self and walked into school. 

"Hey Peter." I said walking up to my locker. "Y/N, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be at home." He said panicking. "Peter calm down, my dad and Bruce agreed that I could come back as long as I promised to go home if I felt sick." he nodded his face. "Okay fine." he said while closing his locker. "Oh also my dad has gone away for a few days, if you need any help ask Steve." I remembered Steve wanted me to tell Peter that. Peter nodded and then we headed to class. We walked into class, "Sup nerd, Sup idiot." Flash greeted us. "Ooo not very friendly today Flash." I replied and laughed. "It's your own fault." He added. "How?" I replied, and sat down. "You're an idiot for being with that loser with a metal arm and not this." He said, referring to 'this' as himself. I rolled my eyes at flash and he sat down and turned away from us. "Wait your with Bucky?" Peter whispered. "No. Flash was making me feel super uncomfortable at my party, thanks for that by the way, and Bucky scared him of by saying he was my boyfriend." Peter looked slightly relieved. "Good. Also sorry for inviting him, even though he's a dick. I would have felt bad leaving him out." Peter replied. "It's fine." I responded and the teacher walked in to start the lesson. 

It was lunch, Peter, Ned and Mj were already sat at the table. "Hey!" I said sitting with them. "Thank god your alive." Ned said, Peter hit his arm "Dude." Peter responded. I laughed. "Yes I'm alive." I replied. "Good, cause if you wasn't here. I'd be stuck with these two losers." Mj added, We both laughed. "Hey!" Ned and Peter cried out.

Tony's POV

Seattle, Washington
I arrived at a small house in a quiet neighbourhood and knocked on the door. The door opened. "Oh my goodness, well if it isn't Tony Stark. It has been a while, come in, come in." The lady, who goes by the name Lindsey, greeted me in. "How's Y/N? Saw on the news you finally set her free." She joked. "I thought it was time she went to school" I added. She pulled me into a hug. "It's been far to long, how long has it been?" She asked. "Around 11 years", She nodded, "Sorry we never came to visit, it was hard losing her. I know Y/N is her daughter but it was just hard seeing her, she looks too much like her mother." I nodded , "I completely understand, it's still hard.". "Oh that reminds me, I have a gift for Y/N, I was going to mail it but since your here, you can take it to her." She handed me a small box, "It's her mother's ring, you know the one she always used to wear as a teen, I thought Y/N might like it." She gave me a warm smile, "She will love it" I replied, smiling back. The front door opened. "What the hell are you doing here Stark?" A grumpy man walked into the room. "Oh George leave him be." Lindsey said. "You think we forgot what you did to our poor Sarah." George said walking towards us, Linsdey stepped in between us. "Now you know that wasn't Tony's fault, he did his best to save her but it was too late." They were referring to Y/N's mom, Sarah and her death. Sarah was an agent for shield, Y/N knew nothing of this as we didn't want her to be in danger by knowing this type of information. Sarah was captured by Hydra, I tried to save her but I was too late. Little did I know Sarah had powers, and when Hydra attempted to make her into a super soldier, the serum and her powers conflicted which resulted in killing her, as she was dying Hydra fled. It was the hardest day ever, seeing the woman I love die in my arms, I had no idea how I was going to tell Y/N.

"Please, I don't want to rehatch the past. I just came here for some information." I said calmly. "What's wrong?" Linsdey said with a concerned look. I sighed "I believe Y/N maybe developing powers." I looked down. "Oh dear, the poor thing." Linsdey replied. "What kind of information do you need?" George asked, he was more relaxed. "What type of powers could she possibly develop, how long will it take?" George nodded and headed upstairs, a few minutes later he came back downstairs, "here, this was Sarah's book she made after she gained her powers after the accident 25 years ago" I took the book. "I'm going to presume it will be a different experience for Y/N as we weren't aware they could be passed on genetically. But please Tony take care of her. We can't lose our grand daughter too" He said with a worried look. "I won't let anything happen to her, I promise." I shook his hand. I then left their house. I had one more stop to make before heading back.