Dinner Party

Stella

Stella

I'm starving.

I need food like I need air.

And if someone looks at me wrong, I'm going to rip their head off.

"Uh oh... I know that look." Cody said opening the door to his and Anthony's place. He carefully put his hands up and slowly backed away. "Please, I got food in the kitchen. It's yours as long as you don't hurt me."

Growling I threw my purse at his head which he caught laughing. "Don't be an ass."

Following him into the kitchen Anthony looked up with a big smile, stopping his movement of cooking. "Hey! I got a bone to pick with you."

Cody was quick to step beside him and began opening the fridge. "Careful Ant, right now we have a wild, hungry pregnant lady in our kitchen. We must be careful not to spook her until she eats, or she will kill us both."

Anthony hissed and quickly went back to cooking. I let out a groan, shaking my head at the two of them. "I hate you both."

"Do you really?" Cody asked passing me some cheese and crackers.

A knock at the door took Cody away to go answer it, leaving me to eat while Anthony watched me amused. Anthony tilted his head at me. "Weren't you supposed to come over with Maximus?"

"Yes. She was." Max said behind me making me turn to him with a guilty expression. "Here is dessert for tonight, tiramisu."

Cody took the dessert while I slowly shrugged taking another bite of my snack. "I was hungry and you were late."

He chuckled walking over to me. "I was actually going to be thirty minutes early and bring you food, then I found out you had left already."

His mention of food caught my interest, his arm wrapping around my waist while his lips kissed my temple. "Food?"

Max rolled his eyes, "I didn't have time to pick it up since I had to bolt after my pregnant lady."

"Pregnant?" My head whipped to find my Nanna in the kitchen with her arm around Cody's, her hand lightly tapping his hand. "Cody dear, I think I could use a glass of red if you have any."

Cody laughed. "I'll get you a bottle."

Max turned to me, his face blank. "You hadn't told your Nanna."

I grimaced at him and then my Nanna. "I'm sorry, I was going to tell you but you just left to go on a mini trip again. What was I supposed to do? Send a postcard of San Fran with 'hey remember the hot guy you told me to have fun with, I did and now I'm prego?'"

Max shifted uncomfortably next to me, his hand unclasping his suit jacket.

"Oh!" I quickly exclaimed losing my appetite at the expression on Max's face. "I am not hiding you! No, Nanna Max is a lot more than a hot piece of ass to have fun with and once I stop talking and he starts, you'll see why."