Bright

Maximus

Maximus

Walking towards Stella's apartment my eyes checked the security cameras and motion sensors my men installed.

My body was coiled from not seeing her for so long. Plus her carrying my child has me on edge and checking with her guards constantly to ensure they are safe.

I withheld a groan thinking of my impulsive buy yesterday. I was giving Stella time to come to me but in doing so I was driving myself insane which led me to buying a ring and then mail her that ring...

Who in their right mind mails an engagement ring?

And to a woman who is anything but materialistic... she wouldn't have seen it as a proposal or a be blown away with the large diamonds, instead, she would have been insulted.

Arriving at Stella's apartment, I nodded into her camera to the security watching and knocked.

"Coming!!! Ow shit!" I heard Stella bang into something before she flung the door open, her cheeks flushed. "Sorry, knocked down my mannequin. Uh, come in."

Stepping into the apartment, Stella moved to pick up a torso mannequin with different fabric pinned to it. "Designing something new?"

"Yeah, couldn't sleep so I stayed up last night trying to come up with a new dress." She said, my eyes ran over her noticing the dark circles under her eyes.

"Have you been sleeping?" I asked softly. I want her to come to me when she is ready to talk about the kidnapping but at the same time I need to know if she is taking care of herself.

"No." She replied softly. "But that's my fault, I've been on a new Netflix binge."

"Anything good?" I didn't believe that it's a simple Netflix binge that's keeping her from sleeping. The fact that she has barely looked at me since letting me into her apartment is telling me she is deeply affected by what happened to her.

And she has every right to be.

"A show called 'Arrow', just started it."

I hummed leaning against the counter, waiting for the moment her eyes will meet mine. She picked up her purse and put her phone and wallet in it, still avoiding my contact. "Never seen it."

"Its good." She replied with a shrug.

Putting her bag over her shoulder she reached down to put her sneakers. I was no longer able to handle her avoiding me. "You going to look at me Stella?"

Stella jumped, a light blush spread over her cheeks. "Sorry a little nervous is all. Never been in something like this so not sure how to act..."

"Neither have I." I said softly trying to get her calm and carefree like she used to be around me.

"Then how are you relaxed right now?" She asked fidgeting.

I smiled warmly. "I'm in the mafia, trained to handle everything calmly."