The Family

Maximus

Maximus

When Lorenzo took Stella to 'talk', I wanted to fight him right then and there. And even though I wanted to barge into their room, in my world you have to prove yourself and that's what she did.

I hate it but it had to be done. Plus, her walking out of meeting the Don with her head high will have the family back down.

With my arm around Stella's waist I walk towards the dining room, where I can hear the family talking.

Stella's body was coiled with rising nerves with each step towards the dining room. She has nothing to worry about, they will love her and won't interrogate her. Guess I'm glad Lorenzo got that out of the way so the family wouldn't do it.

Dam bastard.

I kissed her cheek before we walked in. "Be yourself."

Stella leaned against me and we walked into the dining room.

"We're not watching that." Sebastian grumbled sitting at the table.

"Scared?" Anastasia asked putting plates of food on the table.

"No." He grumbled. "Listen, I liked Hill House but Haunting of Bly Manor has kids, and I don't do kids in horror."

"Hill House had kids." Anastasia replied before muttering in Russian.

Sebastian looked to Romano. "Did she call me scared in Russian?"

I chuckled. "In less polite terms."

Conversation stopped and everyone at the table turned to look at Stella and I.

"Everyone, this is Stella. Stella this is the family, I'm sure they will take the time to personally introduce themselves tonight."

Words of 'hello' were greeted and Stella awkwardly waved. "Hi, it's nice to meet you all. Esperenza?" Stella asked shocked when my cousin greeted us within the door.

Esperenza gave a small wink. "About time he got you here, come Anastasia has the best spread out, think she was worried you wouldn't like anything so she made everything."

Clearing my throat, I tightened my grip on Stella. "You must forgive my cousin Esperenza, she spends her time with espionage and forgets basic formal conversation."

Esperenza waved her hand. "Having a simple conversation is much better than formal constructed conversations. We met without pressure." My cousin placed her arm in Stella's, pulling her away from me.

Stella glanced back over her shoulder making me offer a supportive smile while I followed them down the table.

"You briefly met Anastasia." Esperenza said motioning to the Russian on the other side of the table. "Then you have Tate, Vinzo, Sebastian..."