Duty

Stella

Stella

Riding in the car I felt sick, ready to throw up from the storm in my stomach.

It's not sickness from the baby, it's from me being about to put a hot iron on a man's neck to brand him. How did I agree to this? Oh right, I am going with 'don't over think his life just go with it till it becomes my world' thought process.

Sure, I have stopped freaking out but now I'm about to brand someone.

Brand!

I can't even watch the scenes in movies when they brand cattle and now I am going to be doing it to Sebastian.

"You going to be okay?" Tate asked glancing through the mirror to make eye contact with me in the back seat. Putting a smile on I nodded, Tate raised a brow before looking back to the road. "You are looking paler than normal."

Rolling my eyes I let out a small chuckle. "Thanks for that? Anyway, I'm fine, looking forward to being a part of a... Sorrentino tradition."

"Yeah, I'm calling bullshit, if you feel sick and don't want to do this then why are you forcing yourself to?" He asked turning into the Sorrentino estate.

Sighing I knew this is where I put on my brave face and be the woman I need to be. "Please don't mention being sick, I haven't stopped throwing up all day. And I am doing it because it's my duty."

Tatt gave an unconvinced hum.

"Hey where am I branding? You have yours on your neck but Max has his on his chest." Watching the mansion get closer and closer, my heart began to beat rapidly.

"Only direct Sorrentinos have it on their chest above their heart, everyone else has it on their neck." Tatt replied.

The car came to a stop in front of the house, one of the Sorrentino men opening the door holding their hand out to help me out of the car. "Thank you, Alek."

He nodded as I walked up to the house followed by Tate, him opening the door to the house for me. Taking another breath, I lifted my head, my spine straightening and made sure I held myself respectably, men nodding when I walked by.

Feeling his presence, I turn to Maximus walking down the corridor, his arms wrapping themselves around me once he was close enough. Kissing my temple, he moved his lips to my ear to whisper. "You can change your mind."

Shaking my head, I lifted on my toes kissing his cheek. "Sebastian deserves his place here, I won't be selfish and deny him it."

There was pride in Maximus's eyes while keeping his arm around my waist and led me to a large parlour room, men already filling it. He tilted his head keeping us walking to go around the corner to some peace. Reaching into his suit he pulled out a small container.

"Vicks vaper rub?" My brows pulled together looking at the Vicks rub he was now unscrewing.

His fingers went into the rub and then he carefully placed it under my nose, the strong smell immediately filling my senses. "It will help lessen the smell, the brand will smell strong but this should help some."