That Face

Sexual Content Warning. 

Maximus

Maximus

Stella opened her apartment door and flung her purse off her shoulder, the bag dropping loudly in the apartment. Not wasting any time, she headed towards her couch and dropped down with a grunt.

"I miss drinking." She wined from the couch making me chuckle while I close and lock the door to her apartment. "Everyone was getting wasted, all happy for Sebastian and I'm there watching painfully unable to get on their level. At the end felt like I was a child care worker."

Walking to her I slip her shoes off her feet. "I'm sure they will be wishing they were you tomorrow morning."

She hummed and looked to me. "You didn't drink tonight."

I winked. "Solidarity Stella."

She chuckled. "Smart move."

Picking up her legs, I take a seat on the couch beside her and put her legs over my lap. "How are you feeling?

"Like I miss wine." She grumbled with a small pout. "Oh, you mean about the medieval family ceremony."

I snorted. "Medieval?"

Stella gave me an amused look. "You had a guy cut his palm, swear an oath and get branded."

I rolled my eyes. "We are an old and very traditional mafia family, respectable not medieval. I'll go easy on you since you are grumpy over not drinking wine."

She grumbled again. "Red wine, white wine, rosé wine, champagne. All in the same room and none in me."

Chuckling I shook my head at her. "I'll take you to a vineyard for a wine tasting when you can drink again and buy you cases of your favourite wine. Now stop avoiding my question, how are you?"

She let out a tired sigh making me remember its past midnight. "I have no idea. Ask me when I have had longer to process what I did."

I put on a forced smile and nodded. The image of her planting the hot iron on Sebastian's neck coming to mind then her face while she threw up in the bathroom toilet. I know she is strong, but that doesn't mean she has to adjust her definition of strength. Or have her uncomfortable with my family because of our... traditional ways.

"Stop it." She said making me look to her confused, unsure what I had to stop. "This is where you go into your head and give yourself a talk about how you hate that I had to do this, you don't want me betraying who I am and yata yata."

I narrowed my eyes at her from her mindreading. "Oh, is that what I was thinking?"

She hummed. "I can read your faces."

My lip quirked upward. "You know all my faces?"

She shrugged. "Not the one from the bathroom earlier."