Twisted Tongue

Stella

Stella

I stared at the new couch that I didn't order. It's the same black colour as the old one but bigger and made of leather instead of cloth.

Maybe I should be grateful I didn't have to figure out how to pay for a new couch but accepting one from men who the last time I saw were waving guns around didn't seem right. I expected that when they left last night it would be the last time I would ever see them. Instead when I went to unlock my store the Italians were standing there with a furniture delivery truck to take the blood covered couch and put this one in its place.

When they showed up I tried to tell them I wouldn't accept it but they wouldn't listen saying they were just following orders.

Whose orders do you ask?

Maximus', also known as the man who showed up with a gunshot wound and bled all over my last couch.

Who is this Maximus man?

Sighing I shook my head to get his dark temping eyes out of my mind. Reaching over I grab my phone looking around the store seeing no one in it. Smiling I go to my Spotify app and pressed on a Taylor Swift song from her new album.

Placing my phone in my pocket I began to sing along walking over to my front desk to check messages and schedules for clients coming.

Hearing the happy tunes, I began to slowly sway to the album, dancing around while typing on my computer a new schedule and inventory list. My Grandmother will be visiting soon and I want to make sure everything is in order so she knows that the store is in good hands.

Just as I began to sing along to the song 'seven', the chime above the door sounded off informing me of a new customer.

Ceasing my sing session, I turn around stopping in my tacks, my body jumping back when I recognize who it is.

"Maximus." I whispered looking at the man who was once covered in blood now in front of me in a perfect suit looking as if he walked out of a Rolex magazine.

I remember thinking that I needed trouble to stay out from coming through my doors. Yet he has strolled back in not twenty-four hours later looking like the perfect sin on a silver platter.

Maximus gave me a warm sexy smile bowing his head in greeting. "Signorina Stella."

Just the way he said my name made me fight a shiver, my mouth pressed together while my eyes studied him. If I thought he looked hot before then it is nothing compared to how dashing he looks with a suit perfectly tailored to his body, hair with nothing out of shape, beard framing his face. That beard had me swallow, fighting my bodies urge to walk up to touch it and see how it feels. And that olive skin, fuck now I get why people love Italian men.

Finally glancing up I found his dark eyes, amusement in them telling me he saw how openly I was checking him out. Turning away heat rushed into my cheeks.