Attachment

Maximus

Maximus

Walking up to Stella's apartment I struggled finding the right words to tell Stella about me leaving tomorrow. It's been a few weeks since I met her and the idea of making her feel cheap with my departure isn't an option.

Arriving at her door I knock, waiting for her to open the door for me. My heart clenched knowing what I'm here to say, I wasn't supposed to get attached to Stella.

But it happened.

What else was going to happen when hanging out with a woman who shines of love and joy of life. Something I rarely see.

How could I have gotten attached so quickly?

That is an important question, the better one is what do I do with it?

We are casual, I can't risk her life to make her mean more to me. But let me be selfish to make her mean a little bit more than an occasional lover, give myself her peace.

I didn't have to wait long when the door opened and Stella appeared in the doorway with a waffle in her hand making my chest warm as I chuckled. "Waffle? It's eight at night."

She playfully scowled taking a bite into it. "You come here to judge my eating habits?"

Fighting back a smile but losing, I shook my head. "Judge you? Never."

"Good. Then you are allowed in." Stella stepped aside letting me walk into her small apartment, the space so different from where I live. Homey versus the giant house or penthouse that works as a place for me to sleep. "I hoped I would you see you soon but this is sooner than I expected."

Turning I wrap my arms around her waist pulling her warm body against mine, the sweet smell of maple syrup surrounding us. "That a good thing?"

Stella gave me a soft smile, one that brightened up her face as she wrapped her arms around my neck now finished with her waffle. "Extremely so."

Before I could tease her, a title of a book nearby caught my interest and brought anger to replace my playfulness.

"Why are you reading a book about gaslighting?" I asked picking up a psychology abuse book she had on her counter, my protectiveness about to come charging out of me to kill whoever is hurting her. "Someone threatening you?"

"Oh that, no." Stella took the book from my hand and drop it back on the counter. "Cody, Anthony's boyfriend, gave it to me. Family shit that I need to deal with, nothing to worry about."

Reaching over I brush some hair out of her eyes, tucking it behind her ear. "You want to talk about it?"

Stella let out a deep breath and softly shook her head. "Not really, just spent a few hours talking about it with Anthony and Cody. Kind of want a break and to relax."

Giving her a small smile, I wink. "I'm here if you want to, no matter when."

She stood up on her toes and I met her in the middle, my lips taking in her soft ones. One of my hands moved up getting tangled in her hair as our lips quickened making me growl and my need for her burn. She slowly moved against me, her body perfectly molded against mine.