Illusion

Stella

Stella

It was four in the morning, my eyes burned and begged to close.

But if I were to go to bed, I wouldn't be able to sleep instead I would toss and turn. I didn't sleep at all last night knowing Maximus and others were against Carnellio.

There were times, moments when I lived my life, loving the life I was living. With my fiancé Max and his family who I am now considering my own, I have laughed more and felt more love then in my entire life. To be with Max, a man I love with my whole heart, is something I never thought I would have.

But then there are times when reality hits me like a truck. When I remember that he is in the Mafia, an underboss of a mafia. That he has killed people, that his family has killed people and they have even tortured people.

Romano was a teenager when he first tortured someone, a teenager! I may agree with him in the fact that I would never torture anyone. But as of this moment, my children will be the third and fourth in line for the Sorrentino Mafia.

They will grow up a part of this mafia. A part of a family that defends each other and will be a part of the business. Good and bad parts.

Why would I want to risk that for my children?

But how can I deny them of their family? Their blood?

I shook my head. I would never take them away from Max.

My Max.

The other part of my soul who last night went off to fight, and could have been returned to me in a body bag.

Fear. Sometimes it shuts people down other times it makes them think through everything that could happen to them. For me it's the fact, the terrify fact that I usually am able to block out of my mind; that every time Max leaves the house he can be killed.

I should be glad that he went after Carnellio tonight.

I should be glad that a man, who hurt me and haunts my dreams has been taken off the streets.

I should be glad that a man who causes so much death and destruction has been be taken down.

But I couldn't be.

Max had texted that he was safe, that he wasn't hurt but wouldn't be back tonight.

I did feel relief from that, that he was okay but it still didn't stop my mind.

A part of me is aware that I shouldn't feel bad for the men the Sorrentinos kill. That the Sorrentinos are good people, they fight for others and if they kill someone they deserved it. Yet it still didn't taste right in my mouth.

I shook my head, these were no thoughts for so early in this morning. These are thoughts that I will share with Max, who will remind me that he and others don't enjoy this part of their life.