Backup

Stella

Stella

Working all day has me exhausted, not sure why when it used to never take anything out of me. Maybe a part of pregnancy? Either way, looks like I won't be taking a maternity break since the people I interviewed today weren't good.

Stepping into my apartment I took off my shoes, throwing them into the room then tossed my bag onto the counter. Today sucked and all I want to do is curl up in bed like a burrito.

Today's suckness might have to do with my mind running last night's family dinner in my head all day. How do I process my current life seems to be a constant question I ask. Part of me wants to agree with Lorenzo, stop thinking.

I think I got along with his family, here's hoping I won Lorenzo and Romano over.

Looking at the clock it was past five. Maximus mentioned a date tonight but he has been mysterious about it and I wanna know.

Before I could call and ask, a knock sounded on the door. Groaning I walked over to the door, checking the cameras and found Tate standing there.

"Buongiorno." I greeted opening the door.

Tate bowed his head to me. "Buongiorno Signorina. You learning Italian?"

Shrugging I sheepishly let him in noticing the box he was carrying. "Trying, not very good at it so don't tell Max."

He placed the box down on my counter chuckling. "Won't say a word. This is for you, I shall be here to pick you up at seven."

Raising my brows, I take an envelope he passed me. "He knows I don't like being told what to do." Not waiting to hear Tate's response I open the letter to see an invitation, my eyes shooting up to Tate's. "A gala? He wants me to go to a gala tonight? I don't have anything to wear."

Tate smiled reaching over grabbing the box he had brought in and held it in front of me. "Open it."

Slowly reaching out I open the box. "He didn't." Tate took the cover from me, my hands free to reach in and pull out the light blue gown, the one I told Max months ago was my favourite and would die to get a chance to wear. "The bastard."

"He had me buy it months ago." Tate said smugly.

I whacked his arm not looking away from the gown. "You ruined my week."

"And now I'm making your day." He let me put the gown back in the box and take it from him. "Sebastian and I will pick you up in two hours."

I hummed still looking at the gown, still not believing that I get to wear it to a gala tonight.

Hearing the door close from Tate leaving was a cold bucket of water. Holy shit I have to go to a fancy gala... tonight... how the fuck do I prepare for that?

In a few hours!?

I took out my phone pressing the call button for backup.

"Hey baby momma." Anthony answered into the phone. "You missing me already?"